In other news...

tkdguy

When you stop being able to access .gov, .edu, and .org sites and are pushed toward ad-packed .com sites in your search for information.

OK, so draw the path from not having content your ISP provides count against your bandwidth cap and that. Because AFAIK, what you describe is already proscribed, as is throttling. Not to mention that ISPs != search engines.

Edit: Mind you, I'm not siding with the telecomms here, I'm looking for an explanation of why exactly this is bad, or how bad it is. It doesn't seem bad on the surface, but with big telecomms blocking any form of competition (such as Google fiber), there's sure to be more to it than the minor perk that it looks like on the surface. In other words, how exactly does it spell the death of net neutrality? The article doesn't make it clear to me.

mostly it's a way to hamstring competition and close an open market by giving their own products a leg up on their networks. 

And since they are trying to buy Time Warner the media companies get bigger and bigger which means they'll cost more and more for us because there's no competition to keep them grounded.