In other news...

tkdguy

Although it would be probably result in catastrophe if humans do in fact gain the ability to micro-manage local weather conditions.

We're already there. The A/C in my building can't balance uneven solar heating on the structure, so my office varies from 65 to 75 Fahrenheits over the course of the day. I would complain, but any "fix" would probably require that I strip down to my underwear to prevent heatstroke, and then it'd be an HR issue.

We're already there. The A/C in my building can't balance uneven solar heating on the structure, so my office varies from 65 to 75 Fahrenheits over the course of the day. I would complain, but any "fix" would probably require that I strip down to my underwear to prevent heatstroke, and then it'd be an HR issue.

I've got a deal with the Director of Engineering to keep my office at an average temperature of about 64 Fahrenheit (18 Celsius) all year round.

It's just coincidental that he's started to grow a handlebar moustache a few months ago....

xenomorph_by_roydante-d49dc63.jpg

Cool, but over-rated in the grand scheme of deadly predators.  Had the marines been fully briefed and allowed to go in hot it would have been a much shorter movie.

That's about what it would take, though - an ambush predator with near human intellect (so, smarter than the average xenomorph), opposable thumbs, and a quick life cycle.  Bulletproof would be a nice perk.

Or, you know, be a super virus.