In other news...

tkdguy

It's totally wrong to put either fruit or fish on a pizza... EVER.

It's the Beach City special (Steven Universe) -- although Fish Pizza mainly puts standard toppings on their pizza, Steven has been known to order a pizza "extra fishy".

Fiction aside, seafood does not strike me as the sort of thing that would go well on a pizza. Most fish would be unpalatably dry after being bakes on top of a pizza. Of course, anchovies are already dried and salted to preserve them. I still don't see the appeal.

It's the Beach City special (Steven Universe) -- although Fish Pizza mainly puts standard toppings on their pizza, Steven has been known to order a pizza "extra fishy".

Fiction aside, seafood does not strike me as the sort of thing that would go well on a pizza. Most fish would be unpalatably dry after being bakes on top of a pizza. Of course, anchovies are already dried and salted to preserve them. I still don't see the appeal.

Anchovies can be good on a pizza, but I really have to be in the mood. I tend to prefer them more as a flavoring agent in other things, like cesar salad, and Worcestershire sauce.

An unnamed man interrupted a church service in the Portland suburb of Parkrose to go on an anti-gay rant. Among other things, he called on the church's pastor to step down, because the pastor is gay himself.

Among the claims made in the rant was that the protester's inability to find a wife was a direct result of tolerating gays. He finally left, and the congregation evidently came to the conclusion that he was mentally ill and needed help, which they prayed he would get.

Aside from the comment blitz on the newspaper site (many people took the opportunity to go on their own anti-gay rants, of varying degrees of coherence), the story is mainly remarkable for the way the pastor and congregation handled it. They were fortunate in a sense: the man was not obviously armed and was only interested in shouting down the service. It could have been a lot worse. And that it could have been worse is in itself a sad commentary on our times.

2017 Academy Awards:

- Suicide Squad is now an Oscar-winning movie.

- Jennifer Aniston choked up when talking about Bill Paxton.  It... made my eyes water.

- 16-year-old Moana voice talent Auli'i Cravalho nailed her live performance of How Far I'll Go despite being whacked in the head mid-gig with one of the dancers' giant flags.  I did not accomplish anything of the sort when I was 16.

- Mistakes were made.

- Did anyone actually see Moonlight?

Brie Larson, last year's Best Actress winner, had to present the Best Actor award to Casey Affleck (for Manchester by the Sea). Now Affleck apparently has a history of making unwelcome sexual advances on women he's worked with, and Larson did nothing to hide her contempt for him. Other women in the press were even more blunt, stating that he did not deserve a career, much less an Oscar.

Hollywood has a long history of tolerating and encouraging the abuse of women (the infamous "casting couch" being one long-standing example), and as a culture we still haven't come to grips with the idea that "No always means No". So should Affleck be ostracized? Can he be?