In other news...

tkdguy

5 hours ago, Christopher said:

When reading that I instantly felt reminded of this Movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World's_End_(film)

But we are still talking over the internet, so that was propably not it :)

After reading the summary (which makes me want to see the movie), I'm astonished at one thing; the British allow teenagers to drink in public?

4 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

After reading the summary (which makes me want to see the movie), I'm astonished at one thing; the British allow teenagers to drink in public?

15 minutes ago, death tribble said:

The drinking age in Britain is 18 so yes 18 and 19 year old are allowed to drink in restaurants and pubs.

And beyond that, it depends on how strictly the laws are enforced on the local level.

In some regions they will ask you for your ID if they can not tell for certain you are above legal age.

In other they propably know your family and know they would just buy it for you, so you could drink it.

Three Billboards etc has won several of the BAFTAs including Best Film, Best Original Writing, Best Supporting Actor for Sam Rockwell and Best Actress for Frances McDormand.

Gary Oldman won Best Actor for Darkest Hour, Guillermo Del Toro won Best Director for The Shape of Water and Alison Janney won Best Supporting Actress for I, Tonya

28 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

On one hand I suspect this man was taken in by a brazen hoax -- one the originator, if he is still alive, should have called off years ago and should call off now.

On the other, even if it's real, burying treasure in a national park is grossly abusive. I'm not sure, but it might even be a felony, and is if nothing else disrespectful to some of the few remaining wild places in this country.

On 18/02/2018 at 4:51 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

In the UK you can drink wine or beer in a restaurant at the age of 16 if you are with your family and they purchase it for you. 

I have always found it odd that America is still so puritanical about drinking. That at 19 you are not considered responsible enough to buy a beer but owning an automatic rifle is fine.