In other news...

tkdguy

48 minutes ago, Badger said:

The opposite for me, but I don't know enough vegans to count as anything but sample size.   

Don't count me as vegan, If you are below me in the food chain it's just your bad luck.

Imagine how confused I was when I first heard the term, since a resident of Las Vegas is a Las Vegan. This is a town built on prime rib, shrimp cocktails, and all-you-can-eat buffets. I have fond memories of the $2 steak and eggs special at Binion's Horseshoe.

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

I still have cognitive dissonance with the term, since to me it means something of or from Vega.  Rapidly rotating early A-type main sequence star seen nearly pole-on, with a dust disk around it, etc. etc.

Yeah, I prefer to go with vegetarians for all in that spectrum, myself

There is a paper in Nature today about spectroscopic measurements of atoms of anti-hydrogen (antimatter hydrogen atoms).  They get the answer expected, that in terms of interacting with light, as far as they can tell anti-hydrogen behaves the same as ordinary hydrogen.  It is unusual to see counts of surviving atoms in a report, though.

10 hours ago, Cancer said:

There is a paper in Nature today about spectroscopic measurements of atoms of anti-hydrogen (antimatter hydrogen atoms).  They get the answer expected, that in terms of interacting with light, as far as they can tell anti-hydrogen behaves the same as ordinary hydrogen.  It is unusual to see counts of surviving atoms in a report, though.

Cancer started talking, and I blacked out.

I'm think I am turning into one of his students.  ?

That's two topics in a row with terms inviting cognitive dissonance. First we get the vague origins of the vegans, then we get sex trafficking.

It always sounded like a bad idea to me. Heck, they've got laws against texting and driving so you think the whole sex thing would have been covered.