In other news...

tkdguy

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Well, it is disrespectful, but funny and disrespectful aren't mutually exclusive.

Conversely, funny is not inherently disrespectful. If respect for something is too fragile to withstand the occasional joke, it may not have deserved respect in the first place.

If the eyes were easily removed and didn't damage the statue at all, it was funny.

If it damaged the statue or we had to pay government workers for a couple of hours of work to restore the statue, I don't find that part to be funny at all.

It's like when CLOWN put that huge dashed line across the state of Florida with the words "Cut Here". That was mildly funny until a passing alien ship followed the instructions and cut Florida in half.

42 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Conversely, funny is not inherently disrespectful. If respect for something is too fragile to withstand the occasional joke, it may not have deserved respect in the first place.

No disagreement, necessarily. They do say God has a sense of humor.  

35 minutes ago, archer said:

If the eyes were easily removed and didn't damage the statue at all, it was funny.

If it damaged the statue or we had to pay government workers for a couple of hours of work to restore the statue, I don't find that part to be funny at all.

It's like when CLOWN put that huge dashed line across the state of Florida with the words "Cut Here". That was mildly funny until a passing alien ship followed the instructions and cut Florida in half.

Yeah, I have to agree with this the most.  

On 10/13/2018 at 5:09 PM, archer said:

Those were the days.

I can only imagine what C.L.O.W.N. would be up to if they were still around today. I mean, look at everything they would have to work with....

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

CLOWN might actually conclude there's no need for their activities any more -- the establishment has become ludicrous enough on its own.

Like when Tom Lehrer retired after Henry Kissinger won the Nobel Peace Prize?