In other news...

tkdguy

9 hours ago, Starlord said:

7 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

Wow. And I thought I was a miserable human being.

He's trying (and failing, in a major way) to make the case that even a good life is something that is unwillingly thrust upon us. That even the best, most exciting, and most joyous life imaginable is infinitely worse than never having existed in the first place.

I expect his parents are more bewildered than anything else.

The thing is, that such a case would not fly in Utah because Latter-Day Saint doctrine is that we did choose to be born -- all of us, even if we have no memory of the event. What we don't choose is the circumstances. We chose to be born, but not to the specific parents in the specific place and time. The goal is to make the best of what we are given, whatever that entails to each of us.

Also, young people in India are under immense pressure to reproduce, so this may be this gentleman's way of saying as forcefully as he can that he wants no part of it.

21 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

He's trying (and failing, in a major way) to make the case that even a good life is something that is unwillingly thrust upon us. That even the best, most exciting, and most joyous life imaginable is infinitely worse than never having existed in the first place.

I expect his parents are more bewildered than anything else.

Oh, good.  So he's a middle school student planning on majoring in drama, then?

As someone who had measles (by getting it when I was 5, in 1961, before the vaccine was available), I can testify: You Do Not Want That Disease.  No way, no how, not.  I think it would have killed me if not for mid-20th Century medicine.

Stack a factor of 10 on that if you might be pregnant when you catch the disease.  Really, really, really.  You're better off as a camp counselor in a Friday the 13th film.