tkdguy

In other news...

A group of prison inmates in Florida used the skills that got them into prison in the first place to save the life on a one-year-old girl who had been accidentally locked in a car.

The minimum-security prisoners were working on a highway repair when it happened. Their guards watched them, and one actually praised their actions.

One of the most famous stories of American writer O. Henry (master of the last-page plot twist) involved a reformed safecracker in a similar position, throwing away his freedom to rescue a child. The consequences weren't so serious in this case, but I was reminded of that story when I read this.

35 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

A group of prison inmates in Florida used the skills that got them into prison in the first place to save the life on a one-year-old girl who had been accidentally locked in a car.

The minimum-security prisoners were working on a highway repair when it happened. Their guards watched them, and one actually praised their actions.

One of the most famous stories of American writer O. Henry (master of the last-page plot twist) involved a reformed safecracker in a similar position, throwing away his freedom to rescue a child. The consequences weren't so serious in this case, but I was reminded of that story when I read this.

I think this should count for a severe reduction in sentence time.

8 hours ago, death tribble said:

Karl Lagerfeld one of the world's leading fashion designers dies at 85

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47293637

Oh, is that who that was?  Wife was going on last night about how some Karl dude died, and it was sudden cancer and it was tragic, and I was smiling and nodding while thinking "Who the f**k is she talking about?"