tkdguy

In other news...

10 hours ago, Starlord said:

The Snow-based Triboelectric Nanogenerator 

Generates electricity from...snowfall.

51 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

We can use it run heaters!  :)

It would not surprise me if that was part of the idea -- use it outside as a backup power source to keep you warm inside.

24 minutes ago, Badger said:

I've long realized with Planet of the Apes, the apes didn't get smarter, the humans got dumber, I realize this because whenever I leave my house, I am forced into human interaction.

It's amazing how little human interaction I have when I leave the house. Self-serve gas stations and self-checkout stores.

I don't even have to nod and smile at people as I walk by them if I don't feel up to it.

Scientists reanimate brains of pigs hours after pigs were slaughtered for food. They kept a flow of drugs to prevent any consciousness/pain, and confirmed with an EEG to know there was no activity. But the cells were alive again.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/4/17/18410611/pig-brain-nature-study-revive-cell-death-brainex

36 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

It's a thing where I am.  It's a breakfast food, usually scrambled in with eggs.

I'm aware of it as a Southern breakfast food, though I've never had it.

Mid-Atlantic states usually have their pork brains as part of scrapple (made from the offal from a pig, "everything but the oink"). I might have had scrapple when I was a kid, though my memory seems to also place maple syrup on top of it.