In other news...

tkdguy

46 minutes ago, Cancer said:

I know and agree, and that amplifies my point.  All that matters to the press is the error with the Red Sox.

It's been a long time since I saw that play. And all the error at the time did was prolong the series. The Red Sox could still have won Game 7 and the Series, and didn't. And without Buckner's bat the Sox wouldn't even have been there.

4 hours ago, Cygnia said:

I have seen Hamlet and Macbeth adapted to graphic novels. It's challenging and, like the plays themselves, there are several different ways and themes with which to "produce" the adaptation. 

I think Peter Shaffer's theatrical masterpiece Equus would make a fantastic graphic novel.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:49 AM, RDU Neil said:

Superhero property damage.

Seriously, this kind of thing is why I always played supers as dangerous just by existing. If this kind of thing was as common place in the real world as it is in the comics... our infrastructure would be medieval after a few years at best.

That boulder would weigh north of 1 million KG.

You'd need an 80+ strength to pick that up, much less throw it.

I don't quite understand why it's such a problem. It's just a rock. Sure, it's too big to move at the moment, but the techniques for breaking up stone are well-understood. They should be able to get it out of there in a weekend.

20 hours ago, Zeropoint said:

I don't quite understand why it's such a problem. It's just a rock. Sure, it's too big to move at the moment, but the techniques for breaking up stone are well-understood. They should be able to get it out of there in a weekend.

That would require a substantial crew considering it's likely over 1000 tons of rock that would have to be broken down into manageable chunks.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:20 PM, Zeropoint said:

1. There's also an 8-foot deep trench across the road, which needs to be rebuilt.
  2. CO DOT probably doesn't have a boulder removal team on standby. They would need to either interrupt an existing project, or wait for labor and equipment to become available. Other projects may have a higher priority.
  3. There were two rocks. The photo with the guy standing in front is the smaller one.