In other news...

tkdguy

5 hours ago, Cancer said:

Man, Saturday Evening Post and Indianapolis.  Thirty-plus years ago both of those despised RPGs and gamers like we were illiterate, malodorous, Satan-worshipping, child-sacrificing sociopaths who were working to corrupt the young and bring about the end of the world.

And now gamers like we are tech billionaires, and rags like the Post are owned by them. 😛

7 hours ago, Hermit said:

Considering Epstein partied with Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, and a large variety of other rich and famous people over the years, all of whose behavior could be dragged into court (or through the gutter) as they provided testimony under oath in the trial, consider me among those who are not shocked by the "suicide".

I dunno, it could almost be as good a game thread as whatever the fruit-vs-fruit tournament thread was.

"Who Paid To Have Jeff Epstein Silenced?"  Who dunnit, and what were they so afraid of having come out in public?

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

I dunno, it could almost be as good a game thread as whatever the fruit-vs-fruit tournament thread was.

"Who Paid To Have Jeff Epstein Silenced?"  Who dunnit, and what were they so afraid of having come out in public?

The long-term IT contractor at Epstein's private island went on the record on July 18 saying that he quit because he was uncomfortable with all the topless underage girls who populated the island with no visible adult supervision other than Epstein. And the wall decor of the rooms of the island were large pictures of topless girls and women.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/contractor-jeffrey-epstein-quit-concerns-revealing-pictures-topless/story?id=64406022

The island isn't part of the US and, if I understand correctly, isn't part of any government's jurisdiction. But if he was moving the girls out of the US for the purpose of sexually exploiting them in some manner, that's still a violation of US law even if the actual exploitation didn't happen in US territories. US law enforcement doesn't have the legal right to go to the island and ransack the place...which is where testimony from the people who've been there would come in.

Or would have come in if Epstein hadn't "killed himself".

On August 10, 2019 at 11:28 AM, Hermit said:

Maybe there's something wrong with me-- I don't bleed for some great higher ethos or something.  All these people screaming "He took his own life and now he has evaded justice and I can never get closure because I can't watch him get sentenced to prison."

Dude's _dead_.  And better yet, apparently by his own hand.  It doesn't _get_ better than that!   It's like a self-flushing toilet, ya know?  What the hell do want?  Him to live another forty years?   Good God, Man...

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Maybe there's something wrong with me-- I don't bleed for some great higher ethos or something.  All these people screaming "He took his own life and now he has evaded justice and I can never get closure because I can't watch him get sentenced to prison."

Dude's _dead_.  And better yet, apparently by his own hand.  It doesn't _get_ better than that!   It's like a self-flushing toilet, ya know?  What the hell do want?  Him to live another forty years?   Good God, Man...

Oh I didn't want him to suffer . I figure God will dish out whatever he has coming in the hereafter. But given that there are many folks who might have joined in on his crimes who definitely had EVERY reason to worry he might tell on them, yeah, it's suspicious. Of course, some of them, allegedly, are pretty highly placed ,and very very wealthy.

I get that part-- 

what was killing me was the people -- victims and associates, primarily, and a  few investigators and prosecutors-- lamenting the singular fact that by killing himself he somehow "got away with it."  Not those words, exactly  (though some not far off, strangely enough), but c'mon!  Watch him get a jail sentence as opposed to being so miserable with himself that he took his own life?

_way_ better in terms of justice regarding his crimes personally, or at least that's how it feels to me.

Though regarding the comment above:  I can't blame Hillary for this one, as she didn't stand to make anything from it.

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

I get that part-- 

what was killing me was the people -- victims and associates, primarily, and a  few investigators and prosecutors-- lamenting the singular fact that by killing himself he somehow "got away with it."  Not those words, exactly  (though some not far off, strangely enough), but c'mon!  Watch him get a jail sentence as opposed to being so miserable with himself that he took his own life?

_way_ better in terms of justice regarding his crimes personally, or at least that's how it feels to me.

Though regarding the comment above:  I can't blame Hillary for this one, as she didn't stand to make anything from it.

I think those people wanted his shame, his humiliation, his degradation, to drag on, to accumulate as close as possible to what he did to his victims. I think they wanted their suffering at his hands vindicated by having him tried and convicted, so that he would be forever publicly branded a sadistic deviant sexual predator. What they didn't want was for his emotional suffering to end at a time of his own choosing.