tkdguy

In other news...

3 hours ago, Cancer said:

Nature paper (probably behind subscriber wall)

The fungus that is so deadly to the standard Cavendish variety of banana is in the Americas (Colombia in specifics), and probably its spread is inevitable.

Yep, I'm gonna miss bananas. Unless they manage to pull a rabbit out of their hat.....

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

Nature paper (probably behind subscriber wall)

The fungus that is so deadly to the standard Cavendish variety of banana is in the Americas (Colombia in specifics), and probably its spread is inevitable.

Time to start stockpiling bananas...or carpet-bombing Colombian banana fields.

Where will South American be without its banana republics?

Stock piling won't work. We've already lost the tastiest banana a few decades back.  Been so long I can't remember what it was called, but that "candy banana" everyone swears doesn't taste like a banana?  It tastes like the banana we lost to the first banana blight.   :(

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Stock piling won't work. We've already lost the tastiest banana a few decades back.  Been so long I can't remember what it was called, but that "candy banana" everyone swears doesn't taste like a banana?  It tastes like the banana we lost to the first banana blight.   :(

Gros Michel, aka "Big Mike".

4 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Whoever comes up with a blight-resistant strain first is gonna make a mint.

But I want a banana that tastes like a banana. I don't want a banana that tastes like a mint.

5 minutes ago, pinecone said:

This one disturbs me a whole passel. It works to undermine All photo evidence.....

The stuff going on with facial recognition tech is bad enough, THIS just confirms it will mean exactly what the law wants it to mean.

Yep, and it could have been done in the "right way". Show the array unaltered, then if that does not work ask the court to modify. The fact that it was behind the curtain makes it smell...