In other news...

tkdguy

Nature item on use of deadly force by US police

In the United States, police officers fatally shoot about three people per day on average, a number that’s close to the yearly totals for other wealthy nations. But data on these deadly encounters have been hard to come by.

Data quality is a serious issue in the studies that can be done.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:36 AM, Starlord said:

Harry Potter books removed from Nashville Catholic School

"These books present magic as both good and evil, which is not true, but in fact a clever deception. The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text"

wingardium.png

9 minutes ago, Old Man said:

They've done that in the past at the children's hospital where I work.  Apparently, they do this quarterly. 

My favorite part in the video is when the Superman window washer pushes off the window and does the "Up, up, and away!" flying pose.

14 hours ago, archer said:

wingardium.png

Pastor Rehill is still using the first edition which was printed as "windgarden leviosa". This was corrected with errata for "wingardium leviosa". This errata is out of date with the second edition which now reads "leviosa leviosa". Pastor Rehill should be using the second edition and needs to update. 

On September 6, 2019 at 6:22 PM, Cygnia said:

RIP, sir.  Wish I had met you.

I played some PBM Flying Buffalo games in my undergrad years, but didn't start any more after I went off to grad school.  I think I played in the first public game of StarWeb.  Would have liked to played more, but it wasn't in my time budget.  And when that time was over, things in gaming had changed drastically.