tkdguy

In other news...

The Ashes is a cricket competition between England & Australia going back 137 years. The form of cricket is called "test match", and takes place up to 5 days, unless the match is won by one team beforehand. 

16 hours ago, archer said:

Ghostly orb at a comic book store caught on video and repeatedly sets off store alarm.

https://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/strange-floating-orb-is-captured-on-shop-cctv-footage-9082223/

The fact that it was only visible via the camera, and not to the naked eye, suggests that it was an infrared light. It almost looks like someone was shining an IR laser around the store, but the motion doesn't look like what I'd expect from human hands. Motion detectors usually work with IR light, so it would explain that as well.

Small insect or spider, close enough to the camera to be out of focus and overilluminated by the IR LEDs.  Probably dangling on a silk dragline and floating around in the A/C currents.

Either that or it's the ghost of the comic book business model.

7 hours ago, death tribble said:

England has one county that does not have a McDonalds. That maybe about to change unless the locals have their way

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49433347

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand McDonalds barely qualifies as food, on the other? It will bring around the "riff raf"? Classic English xenophobia not sure I should laugh, or just shake my head.