In other news...

tkdguy

The Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League have fired their head coach, Bill Peters, over well-corroborated incidents of racial abuse as a minor league coach, and also for punching players during games as coach of another NHL team (apparently singling out players form outside North America). Although there have been no reported incidents in Calgary, the Flames had been placed in the middle of a global media ****storm and felt they had no choice but to push him out.

Ironically, Fisher was a protege of former Toronto coach Mike Babcock, who has also been accused after the fact of abusing his players. Babcock was fired by the Leafs earlier this month, supposedly for his team's poor performance this season.

I don't know much about the allegations against Babcock, but it certainly looks like Bill Peters has shown himself to be a complete ass and a pretty horrible person.

4 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I refuse to believe any of it.  I've seen enough news and political rallies to know that it is absolutely impossible to kill someone without a gun. 

If the terrorist had a gun, instead of killing two people, he would have killed ten or more.  Certainly, a couple of guys with a narwhal horn and a fire extinguisher wouldn't have slowed him down much.  This incident with its low body count makes a much better argument for the advantages of gun control than an argument against it. 

In news everybody can agree is not good, actor/singer John Barrowman ( "Captain" Jack in Doctor Who and Torchwood) was rushed to hospital after a neck injury left him unable to move or sing. This required him to cancel at least two dates on his UK tour promoting his album A Fabulous Christmas.

Edited by Michael Hopcroft
Near-total rewrite

On 11/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

The Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League have fired their head coach, Bill Peters, over well-corroborated incidents of racial abuse as a minor league coach, and also for punching players during games as coach of another NHL team (apparently singling out players form outside North America). Although there have been no reported incidents in Calgary, the Flames had been placed in the middle of a global media ****storm and felt they had no choice but to push him out.

Ironically, Fisher was a protege of former Toronto coach Mike Babcock, who has also been accused after the fact of abusing his players. Babcock was fired by the Leafs earlier this month, supposedly for his team's poor performance this season.

I don't know much about the allegations against Babcock, but it certainly looks like Bill Peters has shown himself to be a complete ass and a pretty horrible person.

On 11/30/2019 at 12:20 AM, Duke Bushido said:

Hooray! 

"North American" is a race now! 

Took long enough.....

I can't wait to have to fill out a form now.... 

The NHL has numerous players from Scandanavia and Eastern Europe where ice hockey is very big. The player in question is Czech.