tkdguy

In other news...

Australia weather: firefighters work to control bushfires on Boxing Day ahead of looming heatwave

"Temperatures forecast to reach the mid-40s again as heat moves from South Australia to New South Wales by Monday"

Apparently it won't effect me: the prediction is for temperatures in the low 30s here (Toowoomba, Queensland). We might get some of it a bit later, but it's unlikely to be anywhere that bad.

Hint: 100 Fahrenheit is 37.7778 Celsius.

45 Celsius ("mid-40s") is 113 Fahrenheit.

33 Celsius ("low 30s") is 91.4 Fahrenheit.

Add the effects of humidity to the latter though.

2 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Starlink leaves some people in Michigan confused

This got me thinking:

Hide contents

Remember that bit about Cthulhu rising when the stars are right? What if it turned out to be a man-made event?

I used that as a game idea once a company of cultists were launcing several com-sats for just that reason. The good guys interupted the summoning though...

8 minutes ago, pinecone said:

I used that as a game idea once a company of cultists were launcing several com-sats for just that reason. The good guys interupted the summoning though...

I remember there was a plan to use communication satellites to put advertising messages in the night sky. I don't remember what came of it, though.

8 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Starlink leaves some people in Michigan confused

This got me thinking:

Hide contents

Remember that bit about Cthulhu rising when the stars are right? What if it turned out to be a man-made event?

What if “the stars are right” mean Hollywood stars cast in a film? Right cast, right director, right music artists with the right soundtrack? 

9 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Hide contents

That right there   ^ 

7 hours ago, pinecone said:

And this right up here   ^

Well, that's the feeling I get from one of the worst Christmas songs ever written:

The moon is right
The spirit’s up
We’re here tonight
And that’s enough
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
The party’s on
The feelin’s here
That only comes
This time of year

It starts of as some sort of cult summoning ritual.   A couple of hikers come along "Oy, see here!  What's the the candles and the cloaks?"

Cultists stare at each other wide-eyed for a moment, then grab the hems of their robes and start grinning and dancing....   "Simply. Having.  A wonderful Christmas time!"

It's right up there with that guy blubbering in soulful agony  "Have a very merry Christmas......  And a Happy New Year...."

while the children of the corn surround him and start with the dagger stabbing and the "AAAAAAHHHHH aaaaahhhhh __AAAAAAHHHHHHH__  aaaaaaahhhhhhh"

Gads is that terrible.....

AH!   Found it:

That is some creepy shi... stuff right there....