In other news...

tkdguy

20 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Especially if you don't have insurance, or if you do have insurance and it sucks.  My insurances have been pretty good, but last year it cost me $17000 to cover a family of four.  I'm told that's on the high end, but still.

That does seem high and its clear the rising cost issue is going to have to be dealt with.  If that doubles or triples it will result in nearly zero people having insurance.

Our family gets covered at about $8,000 a year and it is VERY good insurance.

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I envy people who can go clean-shaven.   :(

My late wife didn't really like beards, so at an early point in our relationship, I decided to go clean-shaven for her. I came out of the bathroom, and she looked at me, frowned, and said, "No. You look like 'Crazy Guggenheim'. Grow it back." (she was right).

4 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Why does it say "Painter's Brush" and not "Cop 'stache?"

I envy people who can go clean-shaven.   :(

I'd probably could go clean-shaven, if not for my chin.  Never could shave that right.  As far as against the grain, I don't think any 2 hairs have the same "grain".  Pretty much, had to hack until all the facial hair was gone, and hope I had skin left.  To some extent, another reason I went 1-2 weeks was for the purpose of healing.  :winkgrin:

Since, I do prefer having skin on my chin, I think my decision is best.

Note: and if I did go shave everything but the chin, I'd look like homeless Abe Lincoln.

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

My problem is the speed at which it grows.  I'd have to bring a razor to work and shave again at noon.  :(

Shortly after we got together, the person I eventually married gave me the ultimatum: grow your beard out, shave twice a day, or don't kiss her.  The last was not really an option.

I can't grow a proper beard because my facial hair doesn't come in evenly. I tried it a couple of years ago and ended up looking like a freakin' homeless person.

I tried growing a mustache and goatee a few months ago. I can't do that either, now, as it interferes with my CPAP. (Which I suppose is the point of the picture that started this whole conversation in the first place.)

Clean-shaven it is for me, I suppose.

Facial hair was cool circa age 15-19...now shaving is a grand annoyance.  The wife enjoys the general 5 o'clock shadow that I carefully maintain for her sake.  I complained about it once.

Once.

PS:  What followed was a lengthy diatribe on the amount of body maintenance a woman has to go through just to appear normal in civilized society.  :)