In other news...

tkdguy

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

Facial hair was cool circa age 15-19...now shaving is a grand annoyance.  The wife enjoys the general 5 o'clock shadow that I carefully maintain for her sake.  I complained about it once.

Once.

PS:  What followed was a lengthy diatribe on the amount of body maintenance a woman has to go through just to appear normal in civilized society.  :)

4 hours ago, Starlord said:

Facial hair was cool circa age 15-19...now shaving is a grand annoyance.  The wife enjoys the general 5 o'clock shadow that I carefully maintain for her sake.  I complained about it once.

Once.

PS:  What followed was a lengthy diatribe on the amount of body maintenance a woman has to go through just to appear normal in civilized society.  :)

Unless the argument is the knees, I think shaving legs might be overrated.  Quantity in surface area, but smooth surface area.  I never had much trouble with smooth surface area on my face, like I said it was my chin that got me.

Now, the armpits, I have no idea, how to go about shaving that.  Though, I encourage it, remembering that Paula Cole music video from the 1990s. 

8 hours ago, Pariah said:

I can't grow a proper beard because my facial hair doesn't come in evenly. I tried it a couple of years ago and ended up looking like a freakin' homeless person.

I tried growing a mustache and goatee a few months ago. I can't do that either, now, as it interferes with my CPAP. (Which I suppose is the point of the picture that started this whole conversation in the first place.)

Clean-shaven it is for me, I suppose.

I can grow the mustache and a goatee*, but I have severe thin spots on the cheeks that just don't fill in. (Maybe the handlebar should be considered an elaborate comb-over)

*But not too long, or the cowlick sends everything from the left side of the goatee toward the right.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:30 PM, Old Man said:

Critical guidance from the CDC:

spacer.png

Looks like I might have to go back to the "anchor". 

so Hitler wouldn't get sick but Lincoln would?

I read a story from an interview with an epidemiologist who says some 40%-70% of people on Earth will inevitably and eventually contract the coronavirus. However, for the bulk of these patients it will be no more life-threatening than whatever virus causes the common cold. The virus is never leaving, but it probably isn't the existential crisis everyone things it is.

And do they really think a thin sheet or Styrofoam wrapped around your face would stop a virus anyway? It would be better to beef up your immune system so that when the virus comes your body can hold it off.

I don't know how accurate this is, but a snippet of a Twitter conversation popped up on my wife's news feed claiming that getting tested in the US-- that is, you walking in and requesting testing, on your dime-- is like three grand in the US.  

AGAIN:  I _do not know_ and _am not claiming_ that this is accurate.  Sadly, from my own experiences, it's probably a wild guess, and damned low.

The conversation was truncated as it was in her news feed, but one of the visible replies stated that the best plan is to go around coughing on wealthy people and waiting for them to get tested.