In other news...

tkdguy

6 hours ago, Bazza said:

What about male dolls, aka action figures? 

I think that term was a product of the 60s / 70s marketing for GI Joe dolls. Kenner and Fisher Price drove it home solidly with 3.5" Stat Wars dolls and The Adventure People dolls of similar stature (and articulation, but generally far more durable construction). 

World’s biggest physics meeting cancelled

Coronavirus has led to the cancellation of one of the world’s biggest scientific conferences — the March Meeting of the American Physical Society (APS) in Denver, Colorado. More than 11,000 people had been registered to attend the meeting, which was cancelled just 36 hours before it was scheduled to begin today. Organizers were concerned the meeting could contribute to the spread of COVID-19. With many researchers already in town, some would-be attendees are finding ways to share their talks virtually — and some local bars are offering a free drink to stranded physicists.

Woo woo!  Free drinks in Denver! :love:

Fed cut rates by like a half percentage point today.  Great time to finance or refinance a big ticket item like a car or house, if you have cash to burn and balls of steel.

The stock market does not seem to have taken this news in a positive way.

Just now, Lord Liaden said:

I know the big wheeler-dealers scrutinize and agonize over half a percentage point. Here on the ground where most of us live, that won't prompt me to buy, rent, lease, or mortgage anything I wasn't already planning to.

I concur, but if I was on the fence about refinancing the house (which I'm not) this might convince me to do it.  Half a percent is trivial unless you're talking about mortgages.  Then it can easily be $1500-$2500 a year.