In other news...

tkdguy

5 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I'm with you on coconuts. 

But blackeye peas (especially purple hulls) and mustard greens are the food of the gods! 

Yeah, my mother does the New Years thing.  (well pork chop instead of the hog jow) greens and black-eyed peas. 

I really only like bacon at first.  have gotten used to the greens enough, to eat it or broccoli if cheese is involved.....

The black-eyed peas aren't happening.  Taste pretty much the same, as that time I wrecked my bike as a kid, and my face slid through some mud.....yeah that.

11 hours ago, Starlord said:

Lima Beans, liver, and coconuts all make me hurl, so I would actually starve if that's what was left.  Black-eyed aren't bad...pretty good in a soup.

And those are all things I enjoy. But I'm one of the few humans who doesn't like pizza, at least in this part of the world.

I figure anything that people grow to be eaten has to taste good to enough people to make it profitable.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

I'm one of the few humans who doesn't like pizza

Holy cats! 

You, too?! 

It was "okay" when I was a kid.  Just okay. 

The older I get, the less I like it. 

I've been sliding down that slope for the fifty years since I was a kid..... 

It's been downright _nasty_ for the last half of them.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

And those are all things I enjoy. But I'm one of the few humans who doesn't like pizza, at least in this part of the world.

I figure anything that people grow to be eaten has to taste good to enough people to make it profitable.

Just no pineapple on pizza, that is just evil.

4 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

Holy cats! 

You, too?! 

I couldn't eat pizza for a couple years in high school.   The high school cafeteria liking fixing some cheap pseudo-microwaveable variety, and they would fix it nearly everyday, by the end of sophomore year, I just couldn't eat it anymore.  To this day, I cant really eat microwave pizza much.  (and when I do eat it, I actually prefer it cold instead of microwaved)

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I couldn't eat pizza for a couple years in high school.   The high school cafeteria liking fixing some cheap pseudo-microwaveable variety, and they would fix it nearly everyday, by the end of sophomore year, I just couldn't eat it anymore.  To this day, I cant really eat microwave pizza much.  (and when I do eat it, I actually prefer it cold instead of microwaved)

I went to high school in the 80s, when the Feds were sending surplus cheese to schools for use in their lunch programs. Locally, that meant that I could usually order a pizza combo and a Coke for lunch every day. It was a crust (or occasionally a hoagie roll top or bottom) covered in a layer of cheddar, and usually three pieces of pepperoni, and served with a side of fries. We usually had access to taco sauce in a large pump bottle, and the usual method that my friends and I used was to cover the pizza in a layer of the taco sauce, and then dip our fries in it. 

For dessert, the school sold a whole-wheat glazed donut in a heat-sealed plastic bag for 15 cents. They were actually pretty good, but it wasn't always available.

There was this offering in the cafeteria back in college (first time?  Second?  I think the first) that was... odd...

They _called_ it pizza.

Essentially, it was a massive sheet (seriously: it was the size and shape of a very large cookie sheet) of soft thin crust with a thin layer of what _could_ have been tomato paste, if it were just a bit thicker.  But it also had a bit-- just a tiny bit-- of taco sauce and possibly a suggestion of chili powder...

At any rate, the "topping" was shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and nacho cheese.  The whole thing was cooked just long enough to melt the cheese, but not actually thaw the dough.

It wasn't pizza, but it was _goooooood!_

And that's the only "pizza" I've ever really liked.   :lol:

31 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

Holy cats! 

You, too?! 

Course, on another topic, there are quite a few food that, I, myself still like, but my stomach just says it cant take anymore.

The stomach has won out on many of them.

I remember waking up one morning my junior year in high school and the only thing available for breakfast was leftover pizza from the night before. So that's what I ate.

I went out and won a medal in discus in the state track meet later that day.

Cold Godfather's Combo: The Breakfast of Champions.

But, the weirdest thing about me and pizza?

My favorite part is the crust.  (so I like thick crust, and not stuffed crust either, and I am sad when I see plates empty save the crust, with such going to waste)

Note: But, I do have a taste for bread, so, it probably shouldn't be surprising.