In other news...

tkdguy

I am waiting for the natural evolution to make the next step, and merge NASCAR with the required right to bear arms, and it just goes full-on autoduelling.  Then I might watch motor sports again, which I haven't since about 1970.

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

I am waiting for the natural evolution to make the next step, and merge NASCAR with the required right to bear arms, and it just goes full-on autoduelling.  Then I might watch motor sports again, which I haven't since about 1970.

It occurred to me last night that between the pandemic, climate change, polarized politics, and peak oil, the Car Wars universe might turn out to be awfully prescient.

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

"It's like a Biathlon, but without all of the pesky snow." 

3 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I thought you were kidding. You're not.

It would be really surreal for TV viewers or drivers, and the venues won't be happy that they can;t sell beer and cheeseburgers.

SO, do we consider Formula 1 a sport, then?

Well, at least please tell me soccer isn't a real sport?  Interpretive dance, maybe, but not soccer.

9 hours ago, Old Man said:

Acting and drama.

spacer.png

Yeah, does remind me, I always get aggravated with NBA players selling pain on their flops.  In baseball, it was always "if you get hit by a pitch, don't show weakness by rubbing it".

21 hours ago, Old Man said:

That still use pushrod engines from last century.

But, F1 is Fisher Price with engines.  😁

Note: sadly, looking at some of those cars, I might feel safer, in a car by Fisher Price/Tonka.

Edit: scratch that, the abuse I laid upon my Tonka toys as 3 year old.  Those things were indestructible.  

2 hours ago, Starlord said:

Basketball and soccer players get rewarded for flopping.

If baseball players were rewarded for making it look like the pitch hurt, they'd be faking pain too.

Yeah, well, I guess pitch framing by catchers, might be baseball's version of flopping.  (mildly)

Though, I guess basketball/soccer refs like being played for fools.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:13 PM, wcw43921 said:

Let me guess--the ringleader's name is Fagin?

Apparently there wasn't a ring leader, or they didn't catch him in their roundup. The kid sitting in jail is at the high end of their pick up. These kids would steal a car, drive around, tell their friends how to steal them, and then ditch the car. It was like a stand alone complex

CES