tkdguy

In other news...

8 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Everyone knows the most practical use would be for a unique suit of powered armor.

If Iron Man tried to power his armor with fusion, he would be vaporized in milliseconds from the heat, as would everything around him for a good mile.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

If Iron Man tried to power his armor with fusion, he would be vaporized in milliseconds from the heat, as would everything around him for a good mile.

Not if its stored in an Adamantium chamber and properly modulated through a tachyon matrix.

9 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

2 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Not if its stored in an Adamantium chamber and properly modulated through a tachyon matrix.

Engineering works differently in the MCU, apparently. Which it should ina superhero world where things we consider impossible are routine. It's surprising Stark and the Wakandans left as small an imprint with their advanced technology as they did.

Have you ever really thought about what a fantastic advance one of those mini arc reactors would be? Enough energy output to pull a freight train, in a package the size of a softball, requiring no radiation or thermal shielding. It would revolutionize, well, almost everything.

20 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Have you ever really thought about what a fantastic advance one of those mini arc reactors would be? Enough energy output to pull a freight train, in a package the size of a softball, requiring no radiation or thermal shielding. It would be completely exploited by all those in power.

FTFY :)

I've also posted this over in the Star Hero forum, but I think it bears posting here too.

First discussion I've seen of the data from New Horizons on the half of Pluto that was dark at the time of closest approach

The words "ocean" and "life" appear in a non-ironic way.  And this is for Pluto.

5 hours ago, Starlord said:

If we found life on Pluto, does this mean we still wouldn't be able to say "we've found proof of life on other planets"?  :)

Do you want me to go on my 133rd rant about Pluto being a planet.

I'm sure no one else does😪