Jump to content
tkdguy

In other news...

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Everyone knows the most practical use would be for a unique suit of powered armor.

If Iron Man tried to power his armor with fusion, he would be vaporized in milliseconds from the heat, as would everything around him for a good mile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

If Iron Man tried to power his armor with fusion, he would be vaporized in milliseconds from the heat, as would everything around him for a good mile.

 

Not if its stored in an Adamantium chamber and properly modulated through a tachyon matrix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

If Iron Man tried to power his armor with fusion, he would be vaporized in milliseconds from the heat, as would everything around him for a good mile.

 

2 minutes ago, Starlord said:

 

Not if its stored in an Adamantium chamber and properly modulated through a tachyon matrix.

Engineering works differently in the MCU, apparently. Which it should ina superhero world where things we consider impossible are routine. It's surprising Stark and the Wakandans left as small an imprint with their advanced technology as they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever really thought about what a fantastic advance one of those mini arc reactors would be? Enough energy output to pull a freight train, in a package the size of a softball, requiring no radiation or thermal shielding. It would revolutionize, well, almost everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Have you ever really thought about what a fantastic advance one of those mini arc reactors would be? Enough energy output to pull a freight train, in a package the size of a softball, requiring no radiation or thermal shielding. It would be completely exploited by all those in power.

 

FTFY :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also posted this over in the Star Hero forum, but I think it bears posting here too.

 

First discussion I've seen of the data from New Horizons on the half of Pluto that was dark at the time of closest approach

 

The words "ocean" and "life" appear in a non-ironic way.  And this is for Pluto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Starlord said:

If we found life on Pluto, does this mean we still wouldn't be able to say "we've found proof of life on other planets"?  :)

Do you want me to go on my 133rd rant about Pluto being a planet.

 

I'm sure no one else does😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...