In other news...

tkdguy

On 9/26/2020 at 8:19 AM, death tribble said:

The two burgers are obviously different. One has the cheese on top of the burger while the other has the burger on top of the cheese. Case closed.

I don't know if it helps or hinders the "actionable" part in this case,  UT they have that burger in the US, too.  They call it "The Big King."  it is easily twice the mass of the Big Mac, but both sandwiches _do_ taste like fresh-baked thin-slices weasel anus drenched in a corn-syrup sauce, so..... 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I like a like a lot of foods my digestive has demanded I give up.

I am fortunate in that department:  No known food allergies; no digestive issues, and I cannot for the life of my understand who started the myth that Taco Bell causes digestive upset, or why.  I mean-- it had to be like Ultimate Caucasian Man:  Oh my God!  Ooohh!  So Spicy!  Woah; is that _real_ lettuce?  Oh my God!  Did you put real tomatoes in this?  You monster!"  Whoever it was, I see a PEG tube in his future.....

8 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

I am fortunate in that department:  No known food allergies; no digestive issues, and I cannot for the life of my understand who started the myth that Taco Bell causes digestive upset, or why.  I mean-- it had to be like Ultimate Caucasian Man:  Oh my God!  Ooohh!  So Spicy!  Woah; is that _real_ lettuce?  Oh my God!  Did you put real tomatoes in this?  You monster!"  Whoever it was, I see a PEG tube in his future.....

I haven't had problems with Taco bell. But, everytime I have eaten at a Mexican restaurant, I found myself in a bathroom within 2 hours, begging the Lord, to end my suffering.

Oops!  I may have unintentionally given bad information:

I _do_ have the gene that makes cilantro taste like soap. 

I have never eaten souse meat because of I get within smelling distance of it, my eyes burn and I have to wretch. 

And I don't eat eggplant.  Not because of any allergy or adverse reaction, mind you; it just sucks. 

3 hours ago, Badger said:

everytime I have eaten at a Mexican restaurant, I found myself in a bathroom within 2 hours, begging the Lord, to end my suffering.

I'd note that my digestive system knows the difference between Mexican food (which it rebels against) and Tex-Mex (which it find perfectly acceptable).

I've had to put my foot down when visiting places like New Mexico and Colorado that we will NOT stop and eat at a Mexican restaurant. You're likely to get a genuine mole and food which has the same name as elsewhere but is completely unrecognizable.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:50 PM, Duke Bushido said:

I don't know if it helps or hinders the "actionable" part in this case,  UT they have that burger in the US, too.  They call it "The Big King."  it is easily twice the mass of the Big Mac, but both sandwiches _do_ taste like fresh-baked thin-slices weasel anus drenched in a corn-syrup sauce, so..... 

On 9/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, Old Man said:

I've never had weasel anus, can you describe it for us?

I always liked my friend's response to things like Duke's statement.  "I'm sorry, I don't share your culinary expertise."

My sister-in-law spent a year and a half in Venezuela. She's taken us to a number of authentic South American and Central American restaurants over the years. Some of the food is exceptional; some is barely recognizable as food.

On 9/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, Old Man said:

I've never had weasel anus, can you describe it for us?

I believe I did:

On 9/28/2020 at 5:50 PM, Duke Bushido said:

"The Big King."  it is easily twice the mass of the Big Mac, but both sandwiches _do_ taste like fresh-baked thin-slices weasel anus drenched in a corn-syrup sauce, so..... 

21 hours ago, Badger said:

As far as weird taste with me, I guess black eyed peas, taste like mud with less flavor (dont ask how I know how mud taste)

If you live in a part of the country where black-eyed peas are a common meal choice, likely the reason you know how mud tastes is related to fishing, farming, or having siblings.  ;)   

10 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I always liked my friend's response to things like Duke's statement.  "I'm sorry, I don't share your culinary expertise."

My brother John made that exact response years ago to my response to cilantro.

I filed away my response, just in case I needed it again:

"Of course you don't.  The only possible reasons I would have explained it as a comparison are 'I realize you haven't shared this experience but I am trying to put it into terms with which you are more likely to be familiar' or 'you are known to be simple-minded and I thought you could use the additional imagery.'  As I care deeply about you, let's go with the first one."

Evidently it was a quip he had used before, with great success, because the look on his face was priceless. 

:lol: