In other news...

tkdguy

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

The best Thanksgiving dinner is the one cooked by somebody other than yourself, that you don't have to pay for.

I gotta disagree with you o n this one. Thanksgiving is when I usually take the reins as chef and I love it. I get to try recipes I would never get to otherwise.  

3 hours ago, tombrown803 said:

and clean up after

Oh man, yes.  That's a big reason why I don't do roasted chickens very often.  

I learned my tricks to minimize.  LOTS of my dinners have everything baked at 275 for 25 minutes, in 1 or 2 pans.  (The second pan is when it needs to be pre-heated...meats generally yes, veggies NO.  The hot pan kinda auto-corrects the cooking time disparities.)  The fact it's only 275 means nothing is sticking, so the cleanup is MUCH easier.  Others will be the veggies in the oven, the meat pan-fried.  If the meat pan's a bit of a mess, then add about 1/4" of water and put the pan into the oven as it pre-heats.  Unless your saute was much too high, this'll loosen up anything still in the pan.  (Alternately, let the pan cool, then add water and just heat it on the stove...it'll do the same thing.)  You CAN crack a hot cast iron pan by trying to rinse/clean it out.

I think that's been one of my biggest areas of improvement...figuring out ways to get good, EASY results.  

Read a book last month about him called Wicked Beyond Belief which concentrates on the hunt and the mistakes that the police made rather than the psychology of Sutcliffe himself. The author is of the opinion that Sutcliffe was not mad at all but was playing psychiatrists. And although after the trial he was sent to prison he was later transferred to a mental unit. He was only returned to a normal prison about 5 to 6 years ago. This is one of the things that was in the background of my life in the late 70s and into the 80s. I was not in the North East of England where it really made a mark even to this day.

And now this. An old disco song is the unofficial anthem for the Scotland football theme. I recall the song fondly and see below the article. It was also used to advertise Cadburys chocolate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54930718

An international team of researchers have used the KEK Isotope Separation System at Japan's Wako Nuclear Science Center to produce the world's first purified tantalum-187 beams. To vaporize the tantalum, researchers ionized the radioactive tantalum atoms in high-pressure argon gas using lasers, according to findings published in Physical Review Letters....

Why would you want purified tantalum-187 beams?  Dunno, but it sounds cool enough to put in your near-now Champions campaign.

38 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

tkdguy posted a link in this item in the Star Hero forum with info about the first cable break back in August.  I posted some comments after the 2nd cable break near the top of page 143 in the same thread.