In other news...

tkdguy

1 hour ago, Starlord said:

The Wheel of Time series has made it farther into production than I thought it would, seems like it will actually make it onscreen.  Curious to see how well it does.

I'm pretty excited for this. The series has likeable characters and plenty of action. And most of the hair-pulling and lengthy descriptions can be seamlessly added in in a visual medium. If they make it thru book 4, then I think they actually have a shot at finishing the thing. There's only one plot arc that I personally can't stand(Faile, such a prophetic name) and Mat, Rand, Elayne and Egwene are joys to follow along with for me(especially Mat).

HOLY <BLEEEP!!!>

Watching USC vs. Gonzaga.  Hear a whistle blow for no obvious reason based on the action;  IIRC the ball was just being inbounded.

What happened was...one of the on-court refs just collapsed.  No contact or anything, he was off to the side, and just collapsed.

ACKK!!!!!!!  Never seen it, but man, the first things that come to mind are all Really, Really BAD.  The good aspects are:  the refs saw it as it happened and stopped play immediately;  and, very good medical personnel are right there to attend.

And THANKFULLY, the ref's being wheeled off but he's sitting up.  

Still freaky.