In other news...

tkdguy

3 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

Yes, but I think the argument by the estate agents is compelling.  It was written under a pseudonym when he was young, and rejected.  But he never tried to resubmit after the fact, so we have to lean to the straightforward conclusion:  he didn't want to.  If that's the case, then it would be going against his implied wishes.  Sure, there's a possibility he simply forgot about it.  But that's second-guessing, so I have to side with the agents/executors here.

15 hours ago, Cygnia said:

The implication is that, since human beings are made of cells and organisms whose effects on alien ecosystems are unpredictable, that they should never go anywhere life has the potential to exist. You can disinfect a probe to a gre4at degree, but you couldn't truly decontaminate a human being (or any other animal) without killing them.

Since any other alien life coming to the Sol system would pose the same problem, it seems the potential damage from even casual contact between aliens and humans is dangerous enough to be avoided at all possible costs.

The Fant4stic cast dying in an explosion, even as a joke, reveals just how intertwined comics and films have become. It's no secret that popularity drives sales, but Punisher Vol. 10 #12 and Marvel's fleeting Inhumans push proves that companies can be just as vindictive and petty as individuals. 

Well, DUH.  In 2019, comics and graphic novels combined for $1.2B in sales, according to Comics Wire.  That's all companies, and the article says graphic novels are a major player.

So the comics are little more than early advertising.

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Well, DUH.  In 2019, comics and graphic novels combined for $1.2B in sales, according to Comics Wire.  That's all companies, and the article says graphic novels are a major player.

So the comics are little more than early advertising.

Advertising that you intend to kill the FF cast isn't making me feel better....

:D 

It was an attempt to restart the FF using the Ultimate FF origin but they mangled the character of Doom. Then they mangled the plot into some type of protest of the evils of government and environmental destruction instead of just going with a standard stop the villain. I couldn't even give them props for the Doom in the hospital corridor scene because it was ripped from one anime which ripped it off from Akira.

One rider may win the Giro tomorrow unless they have a complete disaster in the Time Trial.

The BBC article lists the amount of money for a stage win and the amount of money for the jerseys. This makes interesting reading. I am also linking Wikipedia as it shows the days people have worn the jersey.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/57294828

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Giro_d'Italia