In other news...

tkdguy

8 hours ago, Bazza said:

DT, You do know that Assault is a Queenslander and Brisbane is its capital right? Me, I’m not a qlder.  

It's not the first "international event" that's been in Brisbane. The worst to date was Expo 88. For months, people were going around asking "how many times have you been to Expo?" 

My answer never changed: 0.

Thankfully, I don't live in Brisbane any more, so I will be able to avoid most of it by avoiding Brisbane, being very selective about the TV I watch, and being rude to people who want to talk about it.

Expo 74 happened in Spokane the summer I finished high school, and we were living about 20 miles out Spokane at the time.  Went a bunch of times, because Spokane didn't (and still doesn't) have much else to do in it, so it it was a win in that sense.  But, I missed a couple of months of it because of my grandfather being killed in a tractor accident, and me being a strapping lad with a driver's license I was deemed essential personnel in moving Grandma back into town.  Not the way I wanted to spend half that summer.

21 hours ago, death tribble said:

Brisbane Australia will host the Olympics in 2032

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57912026

You know what this means ? Bazza will be insufferable in 11 years time. And be aware that Bazza will try all sorts of scams to get money to build facilities overv the next decade.

It used to be the case that Brisbane men stayed at home at night as Bazza outlawed all of the vice.

Just remember to point out that the only reason Brisbane got the Olympics is that the International Olympic Committee literally didn't let any other city submit a bid.

speaking of Australia, cockatoos in Sydney show disturbing intelligence. No doubt their growing facility with trash bins is merely practice for some new way to kill people. (It is, after all, Australia.)

Dean Shomshak

7 hours ago, Cygnia said:

What the hell, Activision?!

You used to be _cool_.....!

Not that I doubted you, but I had to check a couple of other sources.  I haven't trusted PC gamer since their part in spreading the Polybius myth....  :(

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Bazza you are the Boards Australian even as Lord Liaden is the Boards Canadian.

So although Assault maybe local to it, you would still trumpet its success.

I'm not the one being insufferable. 

2 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I have seen some reports that Kevin Smith is getting roasted for telling fans that his new Masters of the Universe will be all about He-man, and then killing He-man off in the first five minutes of the show so Teela is the star

CES

Those reports are true. Adam is killed in the 1st episode... 

17 hours ago, Bazza said:

Those reports are true. Adam is killed in the 1st episode... 

...but not in the first five minutes.

I must admit, this show wasn't on my radar until the posts above, but now I've watched the 5 episode drop, and would like to see more.