In other news...

tkdguy

For me, I’m actively learning it, well it’s intellectual cousin. 

and its intellectual cousin states that common sense, ie central sense, is an internal sense that is common to all animals. There are three other internal senses. 

That has to be one of the worst weather reports ever written.  The blizzard warning is only for the summits of Mauna Kea and Haleakala, two very tall mountains that routinely get snow in the winter.  There's almost nobody there except for park rangers and astronomers especially lacking in common sense.  The rest of the islands are currently getting rain and winds gusting up to 50mph, but there is zero possibility of snow.  Hell I've only been hailed on twice in 40 years.

Wcw is correct in that a blizzard that hit the populated areas of Hawaii would be catastrophic, however.  Hawaii homes do not have heat, Hawaii cars do not have snow tires, Hawaii roads do not have salt, deicing trucks, or plows. 

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

Wcw is correct in that a blizzard that hit the populated areas of Hawaii would be catastrophic, however.  Hawaii homes do not have heat, Hawaii cars do not have snow tires, Hawaii roads do not have salt, deicing trucks, or plows. 

Other than the lack of building heat, it's like Seattle.

The Bob Dole - Daniel Inouye friendship that developed in a military hospital after each was seriously wounded in WW2, and persisted for life while they were US senators on opposite sides of they aisle, is how politics in this country should work; and I salute both men for all their service, as that generation of Americans dwindles inevitably away.