In other news...

tkdguy

I listen to the public radio program Marketplace. Every day, host Kai Ryssdahl ends with a small, random bit of business/economics news. Today, it was that the global supply chain clogs also affect farmers: They cannot obtain all the chemical fertilizer they want, at the time they want, at the time they want it.

So farmers are going old-school, substitution natural fertilizer. But that surge in demand results in a secondary shortage... of manure.

"You can't make this stuff up," Mr Ryssdahl says.

(Insert your own jokes here.)

Actually, I suspect there is not really a shortage of poo. (More jokes.) But there might be a shortage of facilities to collect, process and distribute it as field-usable manure. (Still more jokes.)

Dean Shomshak

.)

Particularly since the "disease" is by any known measure non-existent.

But the conspiracy theorists will claim that's exactly what "they" would say to get you to stop protecting yourself.

I swear, a big fraction of humanity are panicky cattle, stampeding en masse right off a cliff in reaction to anyone making a loud noise.

49 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

But the conspiracy theorists will claim that's exactly what "they" would say to get you to stop protecting yourself.

I swear, a big fraction of humanity are panicky cattle, stampeding en masse right off a cliff in reaction to anyone making a loud noise.

Agent J: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.

Agent K: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Agent J: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.

Agent K: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Favorite quote from any movie anytime.

Next favorite is tell him about the twinkie.

CES

The article is behind the paywall (I'm a subscriber via one of my scientific societies), but per a request in the Non Sequitur thread ... Mammoth Appetites

Anthropological and archaeological evidence indicates that early humans factored flavor into their hunting decisions—not just the expediency of fulfilling dietary needs.