In other news...

tkdguy

4 hours ago, unclevlad said:

We're in the wrong gig, people.

Like, seriously wrong?

Steady work?  40 years.

Great pay?  Oh my yes.  8 digits nowadays.

Great hours?  How about working 4 days a month?

Pat Sajak just "didn't* celebrate 40 years as host of Wheel of Fortune...and some fans were upset that the show made no mention of it.  Some people, methinks, need a life.

Vanna White...39 years.

Annual salaries listed...Sajak, $15M.  White, $10M.  Reported net worths in the $70M range for each.

Probably celebrates every time he checks his bank statement....

On 12/28/2021 at 5:17 PM, Cygnia said:

If you didn't see it in the Football thread....

NFL legend John Madden dies at 85

I remember polaying the very first edition of "John Madden Football. I(t was originally a coaching simulator where you call the plays while the best graphics available in 1992 displays the play results. Most games of the time, and many that persist to this day, forwent the graphical display in favor of text descriptions, which is my personal preference, but I must confess to spending hours playing Earl Weaver Baseball on my first computer.

I don't know that John Madden himself ever played the game, or any other sports game. He was immersed in real football his entire adult life.

39 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I remember polaying the very first edition of "John Madden Football. I(t was originally a coaching simulator where you call the plays while the best graphics available in 1992 displays the play results. Most games of the time, and many that persist to this day, forwent the graphical display in favor of text descriptions, which is my personal preference, but I must confess to spending hours playing Earl Weaver Baseball on my first computer.

I don't know that John Madden himself ever played the game, or any other sports game. He was immersed in real football his entire adult life.

AIUI Madden was a stickler for accuracy in the games that had his name on them.  Hardly played them myself though.