In other news...

tkdguy

1 hour ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Well, they failed to disappear that one. Amazon has it available on Kindle. 😁

Read the introduction/preface and also look at the other books in the series. (yes I know, the non-irony). 

Then follow it up with Maj Gen Smedley Butler USMC’s War Is A Racket. (Avail online as speech & booklet)

13 hours ago, death tribble said:

Well anyone could tell you that. Have you heard marines being put their paces on a drill ground ? or guns firing ? let alone vehicles moving, it all ends up as one hell of a racket

Racket as in money. 

“I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.” ~ Maj Gen Smedley Butler USMC

6 hours ago, Old Man said:

What's disturbing is if you scroll to the bottom of the page and look at all the homes which the realtor thinks are similar to a missile silo....

1 hour ago, wcw43921 said:

There's a plot seed for ya--a fertilizer plant explodes, and the blast is powerful enough to somehow open a fissure in the fabric of reality.  Things come out--things from our world get sucked in.  Fun all around.

A fertilizer plant explodes, and the blast is powerful enough to somehow open a fissure in the fabric of reality. 

Manure from our world get sucked in.

Things come out--looking for revenge!

Introducing

War of the Worlds, All-Crap Edition

(You just think our world was crappy before....)