In other news...

tkdguy

I also consider it shockingly inaccurate. Encyclopedia of the Animal World says bull giraffes "may reach a height of 18 feet (5.5 m) and the cows 16 feet (5 m)." So a 10-foot asteroid is actually 56% of a bull giraffe.

Or maybe the asteroid was only 9 feet wide? I can understand that the astronomers might not have had time to make a precise measurement of its size. But in that case, "half a giraffe" suggest an unwarranted degree of precision and  certainty!

Dean the Deranged Pedant

2 hours ago, Starlord said:

Everyone knows that the Mammal Measuring System or MMS is the world's 3rd most used measuring system behind the Metric system and the Imperial (or US) system.

A lesser know fact is that the MMS is also the 2nd most logical and accurate measuring system behind Metric.

Don't forget the other American measurement system, the football field.

The Chicxulub asteroid that caused (or at least accelerated) the demise of the dinosaurs was only about 10 km (6.2 miles) across, the conventional wisdom says. 

An asteroid the size of Texas?! Well, if it ever did happen, you'd never have to worry about anything else ever again. 

2 minutes ago, Pariah said:

The Chicxulub asteroid that caused (or at least accelerated) the demise of the dinosaurs was only about 10 km (6.2 miles) across, the conventional wisdom says. 

An asteroid the size of Texas?! Well, if it ever did happen, you'd never have to worry about anything else ever again. 

In the literature, it's called an "ocean-boiling impact".

3 hours ago, archer said:

A one "L" lama, a two "L" llama, or a three "L" lllama?

Because the local fire department only sends out all the trucks for three "L" lllamas.

The one L lama, he's a priest.

The two L llama, he's a beast.

Now I'm betting a silk pajama

There ain't no thing as a 3 L lllama.