In other news...

tkdguy

6 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

I remember...I think it was my first real boss, back around 1980.  He was born and raised in Nebraska.  It was...pretty common, for kids to be driving on the rural back roads.  Figure:  this goes back probably to the 40's or early 50's.  Might've been from someone else but I definitely remember kids driving in those circumstances.

Man, this just makes me sick though.  The kid's family is going to be wrecked too.  

49 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

I was going to make a joke about we can, but we won't -- 'Murica!

But now I'm wondering if my MS was related to it. I go in for another MRI in a couple weeks. Will have to ask doc.  

8 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

I was going to make a joke about we can, but we won't -- 'Murica!

But now I'm wondering if my MS was related to it. I go in for another MRI in a couple weeks. Will have to ask doc.  

Are you suggesting that in the event a vaccine is developed and approved, that it should be required?

Because my answer there is no, not at this time.  Publicize it widely, sure.  Get it approved for insurance, yes.  Require it?  I don't think the problem's severe enough to go that far.     

I know I have Epstein-Barr, because I contracted mononucleosis when I went back and finished college in my 30s. I've wondered about chronic fatigue syndrome and asked my doctor about it a couple of times, but it's never been confirmed. My constant lack of energy is probably just a function of having young kids in my 50s.

As for the virus itself, you can get a plushie of it:

kissing-disease_1.jpg

When we moved here, I was in the third grade. Two years later, we moved across town. The local place to eat for me and my brothers was Kermit's. It was a throwback to the drive in burger place. You could eat inside and listen to the jukebox, or eat outside at picnic tables, or in your car at a curb. Later on, I would take my wife and boy over to get them something to eat.

So the place was a local landmark for the neighborhood for years like Arnold's from Happy Days.

Last night, I saw it on the front page of the paper. Someone had shot it up while some firefighters were eating on the curb. The police were investigating but had no suspects yet.

CES