In other news...

tkdguy

My comment above is of course directed at Pariah, who is answering the question from the BBC article, about where are the new classic British sitcoms. So WandaVision, obviously doesn’t count, as it is not British. Ted Lasso, actually does. 

2 minutes ago, death tribble said:

The Ukraine have won the Eurovision Song Contest. To no-one's surprise. Britain came second which is our best result in 20 years.

Yeah, that result was very predictable for Ukraine. I don't think anybody is really upset with it, though. 

Ukraine obviously can't host next year. I think it would be a very classy move to let UK host for them. 

54 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Oh no....

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/14/us/buffalo-ny-supermarket-multiple-shooting/index.html

The shooter came to kill.  Looks like, to kill blacks.

SON OF A....

THE...................BASTARD LIVE STREAMED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

That's the power of disinformation for you.  Kid thought he was a hero.  Tucker Carlson and ISIS have the same methods.

I hope the kid enjoys spending the next 10 years (at least) alone.  He'd be dead in a week in the general prison population.  Can't be executed, tho, unfortunately;  the last death penalty law was struck down as violating the state constitution.  But he's never getting out.  Even if the manifesto isn't his, I'm not sure you could have more evidence, that he did it, and that it's a hate crime.  

Sometimes I wish we were allowed to go medieval on certain perps.  This one would be Exhibit A.

15 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

I'm terrified they'll pull a Rittenhouse here.

Shouldn't happen.  The factors that allowed Rittenhouse to skate, aren't present here.  No background of unrest.  The perp shot people outside, and that might be on the livestream.  (Heck, you'd hope Twitch kept the entire stream as evidence.)  If the manifesto can be linked to him, too...the bits I saw (no, I know I can't read it, I'd smash the screen if I tried) make it clear that even if someone else pulled a gun...he went there to shoot black people.

19 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

Yeah, that result was very predictable for Ukraine. I don't think anybody is really upset with it, though. 

Ukraine obviously can't host next year. I think it would be a very classy move to let UK host for them. 

The UK has hosted several times when they have not won it. 4 out of the 5 times they won, as one instance there were multiple winners including UK, they hosted. They hosted for Monaco and Luxembourg previously when those countries won.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, Old Man said:

It had been hours since our last mass shooting, I wonder what took so long. 

Nothing.

There were 4 yesterday;  this was one of them.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

203 incidents in, I believe, 35 states...might've miscounted...and DC.  214 killed.  Note that's from their data.  The definition of a mass shooting isn't standard, so you can get different answers.

Not even Memorial Day....

My folks lived 60 miles as the crow flies, slightly north of east, from Mt St Helens.  Their stories were interesting.  It was a nice May Sunday morning, and then the cloud came, and their descriptions reminded me strikingly of Tolkien's descriptions of the storm over Mt Doom right after the Gollum and the Ring fell into the Cracks.

Well, there could have been a flow, as long as it went in another direction.  Direction really matters on those.  In fact, the idea of losing an army to an eruption and pyroclastic flow is an intriguing one ....