In other news...

tkdguy

3 minutes ago, DShomshak said:

Reminds me of the setting of the old D&D module, Dwellers of the Forbidden City, by Dave Cook. In that, there was a small, half-ruined, but still inhabited city in such a sinkhole.

Dean Shomshak

It was a lot less inhabited when my party was through with it.  :)

Well written module though the format was an adjustment for players used to dungeon crawls.  Like, roleplaying and negotiation were strongly encouraged if not required.

Yeah, I know.  The 1970 vaccination came because the Scout troop decided to go the summer camp in England, but the UK wouldn't let you in unless you'd had a smallpox vaccination in the last 18 months (and my previous one was in summer 1968).

11 hours ago, Hermit said:

there's this amazing thing when you find a scene in a book you don't approve of... you like, skip ahead a few pages. Or close it and put it away.

*sigh*

NO! IF I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT THEN NOBODY SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO IT!

(at least that's the logic of the husband's niece in regards to a related subject...🤬)

2 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

(at least that's the logic of the husband's niece in regards to a related subject...🤬)

I have a cousin like this, more than one actually. You have my profound sympathy

20 hours ago, Old Man said:

It was a lot less inhabited when my party was through with it.  :)

Well written module though the format was an adjustment for players used to dungeon crawls.  Like, roleplaying and negotiation were strongly encouraged if not required.

I attack the negotiations with my double-wielded vorpal guisarme-volage and Holy Kopesh!

(What? My last DM approved the build.)

13 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

It's not just the one title,  but several others.  This sounds as though the primary issue is not the one title but censorship. My personal opinion has always been that all materials need to be freely available in all forms to all people. This doesn't mean that they will read this material,  just that they have the ability to get it they so choose and not have some outside force say that is on some banned list so they must choose something else. 

2 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Yawn.  Sub in "calculus" for "gender queer", and Americans (and I think others but I less sure of that) have been attempting this suppression for over 150 years.

21 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

Reading the story....

My thought is, what took them so long to try suing the book store?  It's a completely natural extension of their suppressive tactics.  And yeah, this is nothing but a test case;  if they can win, then the landslide begins.  

I've got no problem with algebra.

I can do a little trigonometry when necessary.

I can even figure out matrices, given sufficient time and motivation.

But calculus is where I reach my limit.