In other news...

tkdguy

Yeah. That's one of the two "tells" for this Congress. First, any research into gun violence may not be federally funded. Second, while lots of lip service is given to "just enforce the laws we already have on the books", in point of fact the BATF is deliberately underfunded by the current and last Congress.

Relevant: How They Got Their Guns

Summing up:

1) Legally
 2) Legally
 3) Legally
 4) Missed by background check
 5) Stolen from father--who SHOULD have been denied on the current background check.  Shooter too young to buy.
 6) Legally, apparently, although the article is nicely vague on that point.
 7) Missed by background check.
 8) Stolen from mother.
 9) Legally
10) Legally
11) Legally
12) Legally
13) Legally
14) Legally

I recommend reading the NOAA ENSO Advisory which represents the official and most recent Climate Prediction Center opinion on this subject. In its latest update (September 10th, 2015), El Niño conditions were diagnosed, and are expected to continue through the winter of 2015-16 with a 95% chance. I see no reason to disagree with this assessment.

(source as viewed today)

We seem to be heading into the strongest El Niño since 1997-8. To make that clear, that one and the one of 1982-3 are called "super El Nino's" in this racket.

(source as viewed today)

We seem to be heading into the strongest El Niño since 1997-8. To make that clear, that one and the one of 1982-3 are called "super El Nino's" in this racket.

Heading into? I've watched four hurricanes whiz past this year already, and there's still two months left in the season. Californioids better get their umbrellas and sandbags ready.

no, a phallus

That's one useful item that enables the accomplishment of a task that would otherwise be impossible or more difficult.

Has anyone so much as attempted to show exactly how the principal's actions led to the deaths of these students?

Lucius Alexander

I mean, if I die in a traffic accident tomorrow is someone going to blame the palindromedary?

Has anyone so much as attempted to show exactly how the principal's actions led to the deaths of these students?

Lucius Alexander

I mean, if I die in a traffic accident tomorrow is someone going to blame the palindromedary?

It's called temporal association. This thing happened, and then that that thing happened, therefore this thing caused that. Humans are great at pattern recognition, not so good at analysis, and the vast bulk of people operate as much (or more) on gut instinct and superstition as logic. I'd weep, if I wasn't so busy laughing.

Sigh. It's a serial problem in my own speciality field of vaccination - we call it the "What else could it be?" problem.

cheers, Mark

Lucius Alexander

He was practicing medical hypnosis therapy without a license. I'd equate it to passing out mood altering drugs and hoping nothing bad happens.

He was practicing medical hypnosis therapy without a license. I'd equate it to passing out mood altering drugs and hoping nothing bad happens.

I think we can safely agree it was a stupid thing to do. I'd want to see much better evidence before I assume any linkage with subseqent deaths, though.

cheers, Mark