In other news...

tkdguy

AIUI the teacher was working out of a workbook that was part of the approved curriculum, and the students were doing that exercise for every major religion. It only blew up when they got to Islam, of course.

Given what they were actually supposed to be writing, I am not certain it should have been approved.   But then I don't get real offended if people leave "under god" out of the Pledge of Allegiance.  

I suspect he wanted the coins that were in the machine.  Still, died bombing a condom dispenser open. Is Schoppingen the Florida of Germany?

Apparently you've never played 'Florida or Germany?' The way it works is: You read crazy news headlines aloud, with all the place names redacted, and your friends have to guess whether they happened in Florida or Germany.

It can be a very challenging game.

Militia group Domestic Terrorist occupies federal wildlife building in Oregon

Bundy said that while the occupiers, who included his brother Ryan Bundy, were not looking to hurt anyone, they would not rule out violence if police tried to remove them, the Oregonian reported.

If these guys were doing a peaceful protest, taking over the same facility, unarmed, then nonviolently resisting when the police came to take them away, I would admire them.  But they didn't.

So now the feds have to decide whether to resolve it like Christopher Dorner, or whether to let the turds win.

The Bundys are the sons of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy. The Bundy family ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada, some 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas, was the site of an armed protest against the U.S. Bureau of Land Management in April 2014.

The standoff gained nationwide attention as the agency sought to seize cattle because the elder Bundy refused to pay grazing fees. The federal agents ultimately backed down, citing safety concerns, and gave back hundreds of Bundy cattle which they had rounded up.

I did not know that. That makes me angry.

Here, might as well hear it from their POV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H264Z2v80vg

I know. I wasn't happy with the resolution of the Bundy ranch event (happy that no one got killed. Very not happy that they didn't all get arrested later). This is us reaping the consequences of that mistake. To me it looks like it's going to be very important for the Feds to resolve this decisively in favor of the rule of law. If not, we're on our way to a failed state.