In other news...

tkdguy

If I had two "long-time friends" like that, I'd have two long-time friends in traction.

My brother's best friend growing up did something similar. They were friends for...god 15 years no, closer to 20? They went into business together, with a third guy to handle the legal/finance stuff. 

They didn't spend the money on strippers and beer, but they didn't pay his taxes like they said they did. The company and friendship ended when my brother got a 4 year tax bill for over $12 grand.

One Time Vegan Strip Club becomes Homeless shelter.

It's like an Onion headline generator...but reality.

Oh Portland.

"So.. uh, mac, this is my first night here so I gotta ask..."

"Shoot."

"Why is there a pole near my bed?"

"Oh! That, this used to be a strip club."

"Ah.. got it. Uhm... one other question?"

"Sure."

"Why the hell is the pole shaped like Asparagus?"

One Time Vegan Strip Club becomes Homeless shelter.

It's like an Onion headline generator...but reality.

Oh Portland.

Dearly departed friend of mine once moved to Denver and bought an old, five-bedroom house. He remarked while they were inspecting it how large all the bedrooms were. After they had been in the house for some time, the wall paper in one of the bedrooms began to peel. He found, underneath it, wallpaper that was bright, garish red. That struck him and his wife as very odd choice, even for a house more than a century old.

He went to the library and records office and started digging into the property. Back in the late 1800s, it had been a brothel.