In other news...

tkdguy

I read an article about that which I cannot now lay my hands on. But yes, healing the old schisms is part of Francis's agenda. There is, however, a lot of historical inertia. What I read said some things about what was done, where the sticking points are, etc.

Joys of having a a former Jesuit as Pope, and being at a Jesuit university. This place is part of his political base, so part of the story, anyway, is easy to come by.

I read an article about that which I cannot now lay my hands on. But yes, healing the old schisms is part of Francis's agenda. There is, however, a lot of historical inertia. What I read said some things about what was done, where the sticking points are, etc.

Joys of having a a former Jesuit as Pope, and being at a Jesuit university. This place is part of his political base, so part of the story, anyway, is easy to come by.

Thank you. I did not remember the Schism being part of the agenda. I'm imagining having the patriarchs of the three Romes* in one room.

*As Rome declined, Constantinople called itself the New Rome. After it fell, Moscow called itself the third Rome.

Thank you. I did not remember the Schism being part of the agenda. I'm imagining having the patriarchs of the three Romes* in one room.

*As Rome declined, Constantinople called itself the New Rome. After it fell, Moscow called itself the third Rome.

FrankL thanks for the initial article. That is nice to know. As well as the above three patriarchs don't forget there are three popes as well. 

Pope of the Holy See

Pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria and All Africa, the leader of the Chalcedonian Greek Orthodox Church of Alexandria

The other two seem to get forgotten, but they are popes. :) 

Hopefully all major denominations of Christianity can reconcile. 

FrankL thanks for the initial article. That is nice to know. As well as the above three patriarchs don't forget there are three popes as well.

Pope of the Holy See

Pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria and All Africa, the leader of the Chalcedonian Greek Orthodox Church of Alexandria

The other two seem to get forgotten, but they are popes. :)

Hopefully all major denominations of Christianity can reconcile.

Hopefully. But I notice that religions are far more likely to schism than to merge.

Want to live in the White House? There are downsides. One of them is that apparently the WiFi stinks. Which becomes a problem when you have two teenage daughters who love their tech.

Apparently the First Family and some select guests are enjoying a Super Bowl party as I write this. Who's on the guest list when a President has friends over to watch a sporting event?