In other news...

tkdguy

Russia is asking permission start flying over the US with surveillance planes, as per the Open Skies treaty. The state department is grousing that Russia does not meet all its obligations under that treaty.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/russia-seeks-fly-us-high-powered-digital-camera-37106168

Oh, I found the actual DoD report that explained where Russia maybe falls short.

http://www.state.gov/t/avc/rls/rpt/2015/243224.htm#OST2

Russia is asking permission start flying over the US with surveillance planes, as per the Open Skies treaty. The state department is grousing that Russia does not meet all its obligations under that treaty.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/russia-seeks-fly-us-high-powered-digital-camera-37106168

So much wrong with this. *Shakes head*

Meanwhile, the western world seems to have forgotten Ukraine exists, but then again, if Putin gets his way, in a few years, it won't.

From this week's Science magazine, about the Ebola epidemic in West Africa which seems now to be over: (certainly behind a subscriber wall)

Over US$7 billion were raised for the Ebola response, and international efforts were made to supply personnel. But it was ultimately underequipped local workers on the ground who bore the brunt of the epidemic: More than 800 health care workers were infected, and more than 500 died. These facts underscore the importance of rebuilding and strengthening local health care and health surveillance networks, as well as building trust in both the health care system and political structures.

(Bolding added.)

I've always thought he received too much credit, but he is partially involved in the creation and the initial popularity of nearly all the most popular characters at Marvel.  He's also the central figure for the creation of the shared Marvel universe dynamic, overhaul of the comic book writing style, and nearly all the plotting and editing involved throughout the 60's and early 70's.  My main issue with him is he has actively devalued artist collaborations and sided with the company to suppress others contributions.

As to some of the other points - Lee is a camera hog and publicity hound (in some cases he leaves you with the impression he cares more about his next 'mandatory' cameo than he does about the movie....For example, WTF do you have to do with Deadpool, Stan?).  However, he freely admits this in all his interviews and still remains a fantastic ambassador for the comic book and superhero genre.

So much wrong with this. *Shakes head*

Meanwhile, the western world seems to have forgotten Ukraine exists, but then again, if Putin gets his way, in a few years, it won't.

Sadly, there is no such thing as justice in international relations. No wonder Poland is upgrading their military...

Interesting argument but IMO CBS can easily prove ownership of things like Starfleet, UFP, Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, uniform and ship designs, etc., thus gutting any Star Trek based story they might manage to be able to get away with producing.

Interesting argument but IMO CBS can easily prove ownership of things like Starfleet, UFP, Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, uniform and ship designs, etc., thus gutting any Star Trek based story they might manage to be able to get away with producing.

You are likely correct, but I am so sick of "eternal" copy rights, that I wish them well...