In other news...

tkdguy

You are likely correct, but I am so sick of "eternal" copy rights, that I wish them well...

I watched less than a minute of that 'trailer' for the first time and counted a dozen things CBS/Paramount are WELL within their rights to challenge the instant any kind of money changes hands.  How is this a matter of 'eternal' copy rights? The symbols, races, even set designs are direct infringements on an active IP (shows in the works, movies in the works, even Star Trek Online is a gold mine for keeping IP claims alive - in fact, several of us were pretty sure that the decision to include races and enemies that only appeared a handful of times in the series as major story and plot points was to renew their property leases on said races/characters - pretty much forever as long as the servers stay up. It's genius.)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mississippi-gov-proudly-proclaims-april-%E2%80%98confederate-heritage-month%E2%80%99/ar-BBq3nkF?li=BBnb7Kz

Mississippi gov. declares April to be 'Confederate History Month'.  :straight:

PS:  It was later announced that soon he will be presented with the 'You Just Don't Friggin Get It' Award.

Ok. We don't like Big Government intruding in our lives....

unless, of course, it's state government slapping down smaller city government?

Alabama State Senate nixes minimum wage boosts at city level

Much of the broadband fights run along this same idea.

Big Corp who says the Government should stay out of business and let them self-regulate, turn to States and try (and in many states succeed) in setting up legislation that makes communities setting up their own broadband illegal.

On the other hand this is often bi-partisan crapping over the municipalities so there's that much revered cooperation going for us.

Thanks a lot, Saddam!

In this case, not Saddam's fault, but ISIS' for trashing the maintenance that kept the dam stable. These guys are like a bunch of monkeys let loose in a house. They build nothing, they maintain nothing. They are essentially squatting in the wreckage of what other people built, looting what they can to keep the party going.

cheers, Mark

Saddam ordered a rush job on unstable ground to begin with.

Actually, the problem does seem to have been that it was a rush job: the job took 5 years and was done by a respected German engineering firm (hey, they built der Fuhrer's personal bunker in Berlin, so they must be good right?) The problem is just that this is a really crappy place to build a dam. So I guess we can blame Saddam for ordering a dam there in the first place.

cheers, Mark

In this case, not Saddam's fault, but ISIS' for trashing the maintenance that kept the dam stable. These guys are like a bunch of monkeys let loose in a house. They build nothing, they maintain nothing. They are essentially squatting in the wreckage of what other people built, looting what they can to keep the party going.

cheers, Mark

Sounds like many D@D parties... :shock: