Another fight idea that hit me....

Badger

Tetsuo Shima (Akira) vs. Gary Mitchell (Star Trek: TOS Where No Man Has Gone Before)

Somewhat similar powers.  While different backgrounds, they were both characters who were normal turned gods and corrupted as a result.

So, any thoughts?

I have a feeling Tetsuo would not come out of this well. His powers, at least before he transcended his physical state, were basically epic-level psychokinesis. Mitchell's abilities were nearly limitless: besides psychokinesis he could read minds, project energy, perceive over great distances, transform and even create matter. He was physically and intellectually superhuman, and when he willed it his body was practically invulnerable to harm. Tetsuo's best chance would be to somehow force Mitchell to expend enough of his strength to become temporarily human and vulnerable.

Well, my own thoughts initially was Tetsuo would have the "physical" advantage but Mitchell had the intelligence factor.   But, I am not so sure about the physicality for sure now.  (I'd have to analyze the STar Trek episode again for starters)

Dont get a front row seat, however.

Well, my own thoughts initially was Tetsuo would have the "physical" advantage but Mitchell had the intelligence factor.   But, I am not so sure about the physicality for sure now.  (I'd have to analyze the STar Trek episode again for starters)

Dont get a front row seat, however.

Well, Tetsuo's physical body survived that solar satellite beam, but lost an arm. Mitchell only faced a phaser rifle, but he laughed it off. Tetsuo never displayed superhuman strength like Mitchell did, but then, he didn't need to.

OTOH Tetsuo's attacks were pretty brute-force. Mitchell could clearly disintegrate something with a thought if he wanted to.