Help modeling robot

MuensterCheese

I am new to the Hero system and the Champions universe.  I have the new Champions Complete book and am struggling with matching character concepts to rules.  Please help me help a player to create his character.

This player wants a robot character that looks and acts human.  This robot can sprout rockets out the back of his thighs and wings out his back in order to fly.  This robot can also sprout laser guns from his forceps.  He can fly and shoot at the same time or choose to only use one.  He must drink motor oil three times a day to keep his robotic parts lubed.  He is wanted by the secret federal organization that created him so that they can remove his A.I. and produce more of him.

In game terms, I am sensing he needs Flight, but is there a Power Modifier to represent that he needs to sprout those wings and thrusters before flying?  I think I can model the laser guns, but does the required sprouting considered a Transform or maybe a partial Multiform?  He obviously can't Transform others, and I see no Power Modifier to limit the Transform to himself, but it's not a full Multiform either.

Once those are decided, do I group them in Unified Power and/or Multipower, since he is a robot with this ability to change into a flying, fighting machine?  Does the Transform get Linked to Blast and Flight somehow?

Any help you can give this noobie would be great.

If it was 5th Edition, I'd use a multipower for the Flight/Energy Blast.  The Motor Oil is a Dependency from Disadvantages with his powers becoming less reliable the longer he goes without it.  Hunted by the Feds is a More Powerful/NCI which you probably want to take on an 8- unless you want to fight a more powerful foe every time.  Distinctive Features Robot When Using Powers Concealable/Major Reaction would be another Disadvantage/Complication

This player wants a robot character that looks and acts human.  This robot can sprout rockets out the back of his thighs and wings out his back in order to fly.  This robot can also sprout laser guns from his forceps.  He can fly and shoot at the same time or choose to only use one.  He must drink motor oil three times a day to keep his robotic parts lubed.  He is wanted by the secret federal organization that created him so that they can remove his A.I. and produce more of him.

In game terms, I am sensing he needs Flight, but is there a Power Modifier to represent that he needs to sprout those wings and thrusters before flying?  I think I can model the laser guns, but does the required sprouting considered a Transform or maybe a partial Multiform?  He obviously can't Transform others, and I see no Power Modifier to limit the Transform to himself, but it's not a full Multiform either.

Once those are decided, do I group them in Unified Power and/or Multipower, since he is a robot with this ability to change into a flying, fighting machine?  Does the Transform get Linked to Blast and Flight somehow?

For the Wings, if they take time to activate then the PC can take the Extra Time Limitation (only to activage). If the wings are just used for stabilization/ direction (ie like on an Airplane) control then there's no extra limitation for them. Unless someone grabbing the wings or entangling them (like in a net or a ball of goo) would prevent the character from flying. If so, the wings would have the Restrainable Limitation (not a Focus limitation as that implies that the wings are removable)

The LASER guns and Rockets sprouting from the character's limbs, would allow the PC to take the Limitation "Only in Alternate ID" if the PC has a Secret Limitation or transforms before they can use the powers like Flight and the attack powers.

Also consider taking the "Unified Power" limitation to reflect that all of those powers are based on his robotic body and powers that would Dispel, Drain, etc Robotic/Mechanical Abilities would probably effect all of his systems at once.

For Complications take "Physical Limitation- Robotic Body, needs a Roboticist, not a doctor"

Distinctive Looks "Robotic Body- (Heavier than normal, sets off metal detectors etc) Not Concealable, only noticed by technology or unusual senses.

Other powers to consider: 10pts of Mental Defense (Electronic Brain), +2 DMCV (Electronic Brain). Both of those would be -1/4 not vs Hacking powers. To simulate a different brain architecture that meat brained mentalists would have a harder time making contact with.

I thought of Only in Alternate ID right away. You might also want to consider Resistant Protection that is Only in Alternate ID, and permit the whole body to transform (but NOT "Transform" the Power of that name) so that the character has effectively two forms, "Obvious robot" with metallic covering to resist damage, and "Passes for human" to maintain a Secret ID.

Lucius Alexander 

Only in Palindromedary ID