Aphorisms for a Superhero Universe

Clonus

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, Cassandra said:

There are no good clowns.

We beg to differ.

Crossposted

Kushali appears as a Sacred Clown of the Pueblo Indians, typically wearing only a loincloth and with a body decorated in alternating black and white stripes.

He can mimic the power of anyone else in combat, usually announced with the phrase "Look at you!" just before mocking the villain by exhibing a clownish version of their power or using their power in a clownish way.

Against a typical big destructive brick, for instance, Kushali would begin "Look at you!" then stomp around waving his arms and roaring like a rampaging dinosaur, usually taunting the brick into charging - and meeting the charge, making it a Mutual Move Through.

Against a villainous martial artist, Kushali would shout "Look at you!" then do some acrobatic but comically exagerrated moves based on those the villain uses, and if the martial artist attacks, Kushali will deftly sidestep and trip.

Against a mentalist using Mind Control, Kushali will raise his hands and wiggle his fingers, and strings will appear over the mentalist connected to his limbs, forcing the mentalist to dance while Kushali (who can mimic voices easily as well) cackles "Dance, puppet, dance!"

Villain uses nets or webs to Entangle - Kushali will tie them up with silly string.

Sometimes, Kushali will cause someone's powers to fail in amusing ways. Against a flying powered suit, Kushali may say "Look at you!" then leap into the air and swoop around in a loop de loop, saying "I've got this wonderful armor that lets me fly! Those clowns on the ground can't touch me! But wait a minute....did I remember to top off the fuel tanks before coming here? Oh no!" Kushali dives, and rolls out of it harmlessly with Breakfall...but the hapless armored villain may not be so lucky.

Besides the villains, Kushali also sometimes mimics the powers of the other Clowns, but again usually in ways that make fun of them. If imitating Chuckles' bag of tricks for example, he reaches behind himself and under his loincloth, apparently pulling something out of his

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary! I was going to say palindromedary. Uh. That doesn't make sense. uh....

• 2 weeks later...