Aphorisms for a Superhero Universe

Clonus

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, bubba smith said:

does a superhero HAVE to look like he came out of a gym ?

Depends on the time period. Durring the iron age of comics, yes. And women having a chest and hip size to smother people to death, but a waist size which would snap themselves in half to death if they ever bend down.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, archer said:

Apparently being a Jedi makes you immune to being roasted alive over an enormous lake of lava.

Everyone try to remember that none of us are Jedi.

I don't know as I'd call being burned over ninety-five percent of one's body and having to spend the rest of your life in an iron lung suit "immune" to lava.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:08 PM, archer said:

Apparently being a Jedi makes you immune to being roasted alive over an enormous lake of lava.

Everyone try to remember that none of us are Jedi. 

That is just normal Environmental Immunity from being a Fantasy Character.

I mean seriously, Star Wars has Wizards, Knights, Princesses and Dark Lords in Space. So I did not expect scientific accuracy at any point :)

On 3/14/2019 at 2:16 AM, wcw43921 said:

I don't know as I'd call being burned over ninety-five percent of one's body and having to spend the rest of your life in an iron lung suit "immune" to lava.

1. The fire burned him that way.

2. Both should have suffered worse just being that close to Rock so hot it was a liquid.

I mean steelworks are life-threathingly hot environments. And steel has a low melting point and good heat management compared to lava caves.

The air that close to a river of something at 700-1200°C would propably burn your lungs. If it even still had Oxygen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Clonus said:

Batman, The Black Terror, Miss Fury and Spectre beg to differ.  

True, but what do all those characters have in common? An M.O. about scarring there enemies to almost death (or in the Spectre's case, to death and beyond).

• 3 weeks later...

"--- You don't get what hero means. There's a lot of incredibly strong bad guys in the world. Those who oppose them are called heroes. Even if they are alone. You, who gathers weaker subordinates to feel strong, won't make it. At this rate, you are gonna cry sooner or later. When a monster stronger than you shows up, none of your subordinates will save you. Factions? Newbie crushing? Keeping your ranks? They have nothing to do with anything! Do not look down on heroes, you moron! "---Saitama, The One Punch Man