Anything Goes Martial Arts?

steriaca

An obvious note is that ALL maneuvers would be available for a practitioner to choose from. It is, after all, a style where any trick is acceptable.

As the manga and anime continued, Ranma and the rest of the cast continually picked up new abilities and even superpowers. By the end Ranma's speed, dexterity and durability were virtually superhuman, and his rival Ryoga already had enormous strength when he made his first appearance. Ranma could even use Street Fighter-style ki blasts!

The Chinese Amazons (and their men) had a style so similar that it was virtually the same thing.

So true on that part. Right now, I own the first series of remastared DVDs (I refuse to call it 'season one' because Viz Media put the two episode 'Golden Pair' storyline which opens season two in the place the manga says it should be, and two other episodes from season two at the end of season one.) and the last 4 disk of Season Seven.

So, exactly what are the most common manuvers in this art? What are the singiture non-powers manuvers of this art? I would say theas manuvers: Saotome Secret Tecneque (passing dodge), Genma's Tiger Falling Down Cliff manuver (in anime and manga, a joke way to apologize to Haposai, in the video games, Fistsweep), and Genma's Cradle From Hell (a grab attack where Genma goes on his back and rocks his oponent without letting go... used to unerve Ranma when Ranma surprased Genma).