Agents Of SHIELD!

wcw43921

I think he'll die and pass the power/curse on to the brother. I expect the brother's purer motives will help him control the demon better, so that he can at least contain it.  Because if you give it to some random vengeful schlep, you go back to the status quo, which is the spirit causing random mayhem while on its mission, which could possibly hurt innocents indirectly. That'd let them have a somewhat happy but still somewhat tragic ending for the story arc.

I guess anything is possible ... after all this version of the character bears no canonical resemblance to the comics version (I've been praising this representation of Ghost Rider, the Spirit of Vengeance.  Robbie Reyes is NOT a Spirit of Vengeance in the comics, and I don't mind at all that they changed things to be closer to the classic Ghost Rider).

I expect him to either lose the powers fighting his uncle or give them up somehow at the end of this arc.  I'd be happier if he just transformed into the Rider and roared off, car flaming, down a dark street though - this mission done, and on to the next.

I think that they're not going to have SHIELD stuck hunting his uncontainable self down. With a new host, SHIELD can write off Robbie as the one with the record, and have an excuse not to poke the bear with the new incarnation. The origin story seemed to be pointing toward that resolution too, with Gabe calling BS on Robbie's motives and Robbie claiming to have actually died, thus being on borrowed time. The Uncle ties together everything in a way that once he's killed, Robbie's vengeance is complete, so he can finally free himself of the Rider.

Given the way that Agents of SHIELD works Ghost Rider will probably die and give his powers to his brother who will become Night Thrasher.

Is Jeff Mace a super-soldier?  In the comics he was Patriot, and seemed to stand up to Ghost Rider okay.  Granted I think Gilbert Gottfried could take Robbie but still  .  .  .

Oh, and it's been confirmed that it was Johnny Blaze who gave Robbie Reyes his Ghost Rider powers.  So that's another thing I have to "thank" Nicholas Cage for.

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up with this.

I really like their Ghost Rider - Character and look. I agree, if he can give the power to his brother without the demonic part, he will.

I like the current season. Wondering who the new villain is that can form dark matter.

Loved the fighting fire with fire comment from Coulson in bringing Robbie to face the fire/explosion guy.

So, are we figuring the senator lady is actually leading WatchDog?

I really wanted Ghost Rider to start naming Mace's crimes, as hinted by Simmons during the tv show.

I like the Ghost Rider character too, but I still feel he's out of place on this show.

I liked the shout-out to Peggy Carter and the events of her second season. Made me miss that show all over again.

I am not much of a fan of the whole WatchDogs plot line and the persecution of the muta...er...inhumans. I'm so over the mutant persecution thing.

I still love Fitz and Simmons the most.

I am really tired of emo Daisy and the teenage angst fit she is indulging in.

• 3 weeks later...

On the contrary. If we were to look at the Darkhold we would see something crazy. However if you are crazy to begin with, then "your crazy" is the other person's normal --it is an inverse relationship. Deadpool probably sees phrases like "white crows exist. The chicken crossed the road. You can't step into the same river twice. Up and down is one and the same. Drunkenness damages the soul by causing it to be moist." Normal text, but equally obscure.

It's not entirely clear to me why she is constructing that extra-dimensional brain. Did Radcliffe program her to (want to) do her own research? Did he encode within her an independent "curiosity" or drive to experiment and build things on her own? I always got the impression that she was just a glorified digital assistant, and not programmed for anything we would describe as ambition.

And I don't think the Darkhold changed her; we've not seen evidence that it does that. It merely reveals "cosmic secrets" and provides information. It is only the personal ambition of the reader that leads them into mad scientist territory once exposed to that knowledge. In the hands of an innocent (like Ada presumably is), that knowledge would remain largely inert.