Agents Of SHIELD!

wcw43921

17 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

They're putting on in the Summer, so shorter seasons. Last one drug out quite a bit, so that might help the pacing.

That and The Inhumans sucked so much it took eight Agents of SHIELD episodes with it.

Does this mean Coulson is a zombie?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, death tribble said:

Incorrect !

It had Joanna Lumley and David McCallum and therefore cannot be bad. Besides it is 40 years old and British so did not have the money that American networks had/have.

I agree,  Sapphire & Steel was pretty good for it’s time and place.  The BBC was big on turning it’s sci-fi shows like this and Dr. Who into horror to cash in on the popularity of the Hammer films.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:10 PM, death tribble said:

Incorrect !

It had Joanna Lumley and David McCallum and therefore cannot be bad. Besides it is 40 years old and British so did not have the money that American networks had/have.

Six or eight episode stuck in the same set with some vague metaphysical threat was too much for  Lumley or McCallum to overcome.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:30 PM, Tjack said:

I agree,  Sapphire & Steel was pretty good for it’s time and place.  The BBC was big on turning it’s sci-fi shows like this and Dr. Who into horror to cash in on the popularity of the Hammer films.

It may have been screened by BBC America but it was actually a British rival ITV that commissioned and showed the series

55 minutes ago, Cassandra said:

Six or eight episode stuck in the same set with some vague metaphysical threat was too much for  Lumley or McCallum to overcome.

That was the point, they were not normal agents. Maybe not even human.

9 hours ago, death tribble said:

It may have been screened by BBC America but it was actually a British rival ITV that commissioned and showed the series

The Tribble of Death is correct.  I tend to lump all British, Australian, and Canadian television as “the BBC” the same way I refer to ABC, NBC and CBS as “the networks”  without considering the many fine networks to be found on cable or “the Net”. 

I’m an old dog, trying to keep up with the new tricks language keeps throwing at me.   

On 8/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, death tribble said:

As evidence of their lack of any emotions or movement.

12 minutes ago, death tribble said:

The series passes the MfUS (Man from Uncle Standard) which states anything either Robert Vaughan and David McCallum are in or both is beyond criticism. From anybody.

....and to drag this tangent back to topic.

While it is fact that the TV show Man from U.N.C.L.E. as part of the Bond craze of the ‘60’s begat the comic book “Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.”    Do you think there’s any connection or similarity between the two shows?   Go on, discuss.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:48 AM, death tribble said:

The series passes the MfUS (Man from Uncle Standard) which states anything either Robert Vaughan and David McCallum are in or both is beyond criticism. From anybody.

i agree with you as far as Robert Vaughan in Hanger 18 and Going Under.

22 hours ago, death tribble said:

Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD was more serious. Yes people died in both but The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was competing against Batman

David Hasselhoff will always be the definite Nick Fury to me.  Of course Lynda Carter is the definite Wonder Woman to me too.