Agents Of SHIELD!

wcw43921

Current count:

Space (Tesseract): currently in Asgard.

Mind (In Loki's scepter): currently in

Vision's forehead

Reality (Aether): currently in Collector's collection

Power (McGuffin from GotG): currently in Xandar with the Nova Corps

I wonder which movies the remaining two are going to show up in?

TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 Winners

Funniest Moment in a Drama

Fitz’s "science biatch," Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., 31.84%

Which was an ad-lib. 

Clark Gregg:

Best ad lib in the history of television. https://twitter.com/GeoffreyColo/status/603623523173703680

Clark Gregg:

In fairness to the brilliant #writersofSHIELD the line was, “Science.” Iain brought the brogue-y “Biatch." https://twitter.com/the_con_cept/status/603634067385507841

• 5 months later...

Arise thread!

So I don't know if anyone here is still watching, but if so, does anyone know whether last night's HYDRA mission statement is a major retcon, or whether it's been mentioned in the books in the past?  I'm guessing it's the former, but it's not as though I have an encyclopedic knowledge of Marvel secret supervillain conspiracies.

Arise thread!

So I don't know if anyone here is still watching, but if so, does anyone know whether last night's HYDRA mission statement is a major retcon, or whether it's been mentioned in the books in the past?  I'm guessing it's the former, but it's not as though I have an encyclopedic knowledge of Marvel secret supervillain conspiracies.

During the earliest recorded days of human history, a group of Egyptians, led by a man named Imhotep, fought back a Brood invasion. Spurred by this, the survivors formed two secret organizations - the Brotherhood of the Shield and the Brotherhood of the Spear. The Brotherhood of the Spear spread out, ingraining itself into all facets of human society - science, magic, politics - like a multi-headed beast, apparently destroyed around the time of the French Revolution. And although it went by many names - the Cathari sect, the Thule Society and all its antecedents - it is under the name of the many-headed Hydra that it is most well-known.

The Brotherhood of the Shield is an ancient organization created to keep earth safe. The group has ties leading back to the early dynasties of ancient EgyptImhotep created the organization after fighting alongside the Immortal mutant Apocalypse and the first Moon Knight against the alien invasion of the Brood. One member of the group Zhang Heng tricked the Celestial Madonna into using the sun to give birth to its child instead of destroying the Earth or the Moon to do so. Galileo later battled the devourer of worlds GalactusLeonardo da Vinci was also a prominent member inventing mysterious device which allows him to travel off in an ornithopter. One of the longest reigning leaders of the group was Sir Isaac Newton, who kept his position by murdering Galileo and many others across the centuries. He also tortured Nostradamus to learn future events.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_the_Shield_(Earth-616)

Seems to be a new idea.

Is this entity that Hydra wants to bring back through the portal the same one that stalked Simmons and Will (and his crew before that)?

One thing that sorta bugs me this season is the name ATCU. It is very un-Marvel-like. Marvel organizations like that traditionally have names that are acronyms. AIM, SHIELD, SWORD, STRIKE, HAMMER, and so on. I can't think of one from the comics that was commonly referred to by an abbreviation that wasn't also an acronym. ATCU comes across as a name invented by a writer who has little to no experience with Marvel comics. How did Whedon or Feige ever let that slip into the MCU?

I was thinking at first that the entity might be Death, somehow trapped on Ego*, but Hydra Honcho (sorry, forget character's name) seems to think the entity originated on Earth, so I guess that's out. The planet certainly seems inspired by Ego.

*Because a planet with Death stomping around on it would tend to be a bit messed up, and the sort of semi-sentience the planet shows is probably as close as the MCU is going to get to using Ego.

As the villain on the planet, I thought it might be Thanos. remember that Fitz found that the word "death" is associated with the portal. As we don't know if Thanos is an Eternal (that hasn't been confirmed in the MCU) they could easy change his origin to be an Inhuman instead. 

But now I think MAoS will create a new villain for this role.