.5 Speed

Ximenez

Allow me to cast a vote for simply changing the cost of SPD to 5 points per point without changing any of the underlying 5th Edition math calculating base SPD from DEX.

This conversation makes me wonder what a half-phase might cost. Paying five points for an additional half-phase action might allow for some interesting tactical options.

Don't know.  Never played Aftermath.  I'll have to try it sometime.

Early 80s post-apocalypse game, trying hard to out-crunch Morrow Project. Had some interesting ideas, but the overall implementation was overly complicated. I can't really recommend it as something to play, but it might be worth checking out if you're looking for ways to play with actions & initiative.

I dont understand what the problem is here.  Why are we suggesting way out ways of tinkering with speed?  Why not just give the players more points?  If they spend the points on Speed - then it was a problem that you have solved by giving them the points to buy it - if they buy other things then there is no point in making speed more complicated....

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, the simplest solution to 2.5 and 3.5 speed is to just alternate speeds each round. First combat round for the 2.5 speed character he acts as 2 speed on 6 and 12. Next round he has 3 speed and acts on 4, 8, and 12. Repeat.

Imagine the fun you have when that villian who acted on 3, 6, 9, and 12 has 5 speed on round 2. :)